New USMC Entrance Exam

I've met some from that end of the spectrum. And yet I have met others from the total other end of the spectrum who would still steal your car, screw your wife and sell your children.

Loyal mates if they take you on board.

I've met some from that end of the spectrum. And yet I have met others from the total other end of the spectrum who would still steal your car, screw your wife and sell your children.

Eleanor Roosevelt, while first lady had this to say about our Corps:

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"

I spent some time on the staff of 1MEF in Camp Leatherneck many moons ago. It was, at the same time, an eye opener and a privilege.

I got presented a 'seven-point cover' as a leaving gift (in plain English, that daft little hat they wear that looks like a baseball hat and a peaked cap have mated). I've still got it now.

Eleanor Roosevelt, while first lady had this to say about our Corps:

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Glad to see you back.

I spent some time on the staff of 1MEF in Camp Leatherneck many moons ago. It was, at the same time, an eye opener and a privilege.

I got presented a 'seven-point cover' as a leaving gift (in plain English, that daft little hat they wear that looks like a baseball hat and a peaked cap have mated). I've still got it now.
And I see older, retired, gentlemen wearing their cover instead of a baseball cap when out doing their shopping and on the range. They are proud that it marks them out as a Marine.

That is high praise indeed. We do not open our fraternity for many outsiders.

Having dined in Air Force DFAC’s, the Airman are treated like Kings. The civilian personal who ran them were also the most gracious people ever. People can say what they want about USAF but their quality of life is superb.
A standing joke is that the first thing done when the USAF sets up an expeditionary base is build a golf course.

A standing joke is that the first thing done when the USAF sets up an expeditionary base is build a golf course.
Of course Wing Kings have standards you know.

I will ask this though, was the interservice rivalry really that bad 50 years ago in your opinion?

My old man really can’t comment much because he never really dealt with the Marines or Sailors other than preserving a few who were in a very bad way. He was not to fond of the Air Force due to their never ending ability to kill soldiers.

Having dined in Air Force DFAC’s, the Airman are treated like Kings. The civilian personal who ran them were also the most gracious people ever. People can say what they want about USAF but their quality of life is superb.
I spent 7 months as a guest of the USAF last year, in a nameless faceless s**thole of a deployed location. The blokes & girls themselves were absolutely superb.

One of our SACs (LCpl equivalent) reckoned that his accommodation deployed with the USAF was better than the permanent accommodation he had at Brize Norton. This bloke was also studying part time for an MSc, at the age of 25.

Latest Threads