• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

New USMC COmmandant's First Order

I suspect his very first order was "Colonel, get a brew on!"

And his second, "Sgt, dig out the last Commandant's assumption of command message, change the dates and put my name on it!"

Well, it's short and sweet. I'll give it that.:-D:strong: Army assumption of command orders are equally as terse. It's the next directive that usually explains what the commander's philosophy will be and what determines the command climate. :eye: Aviators generally have a high opinion of themselves so the Marine Corps could be in for some interesting times.

Well, it's short and sweet. I'll give it that.:-D:strong: Army assumption of command orders are equally as terse. It's the next directive that usually explains what the commander's philosophy will be and what determines the command climate. :eye: Aviators generally have a high opinion of themselves so the Marine Corps could be in for some interesting times.
Would those be fixed or rotary wing type aviators.... ;)

Beats me why it's referred to as "assumption of command". You'd think that, given his rank, the reference and his ability to read, he'd KNOW.

What's wrong with "I have been given command of..."? (No need for date or by whom - it's in the Reference.)

There now follows a discussion of Defence Writing...

I'm slightly disappointed that the text did not include the word 'maggot' anywhere. Maybe he should have retained Lee Ermy as a speech writer....

Latest Threads