New USMC Commandant

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Aug 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I apologize for this post--I was on my iPhone and did not vet it properly and relied on a colleague who is normally accurate.

This story is (IMHO) regrettably false.

Attached Files:

2. Outstanding. But I'm still waiting for us to resurrect Chesty and give him a tour as Commandant. Shape the Corps right the Hell up, he would.

Attached Files:

3. You know what, Mattis would be good value as Commandant!
  4. He is out-fcuking-standing.

He should be the next CGS over here when your done with him.

"You should always have a plan to kill anyone you meet"

Not really "New Labour" is he?
  5. Love the one on Sleaves that'll be the 1st to go.
  6. If you re-read the article I think you will realise it is not entirely serious, and as far as I can tell from a quick Google Gen Mattis is still C-in-C of CENTCOM and hasn't actually been named as Commandant of the Marine Corps.
  7. Hell of a fighter but many people (who know a lot more than me) think he reached his ceiling as a battalion commander.

The slightly-built, softly-spoken "Red Mike" Edson is pretty much forgotten these days, is it because he wasn't a stereotypical Marine? Also a hell of a fighter, as well as a great staff officer, to me a more interesting and ultimately tragic character:

Merritt Austin Edson, Major General, United States Marine Corps

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

JJH - is this for real?

I thought folk like this were anathema to Obama and expunged from the system. How does he compare with someone like Jim Jones?

(Edited to add that, but for AOL, this post would have appeared after Airborne Jock. I'm still curious as to how the USMC manages to promote such diverse characters to high rank)
  9. No, it ******* isn't! :roll:

And as for expunged from the system, Mattis is CINC CENTCOM. He's running the show in Afghan and the Middle East.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

See edit
  11. To use one of the General's own well known phrases, "Absofuckinglutely shit-for-brains!"