Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New USAF survival rifle.

A good question.

Captured aircrew are seldom popular.

Even less popular if they've further blotted their copybook by offing folk.
They have probably offed folk prior to the ejection. Several nations on Op Shader have issued aircrew PDW‘s either MP7 or B&T P9.

Id rather have it, anything is better than being captured.

They have probably offed folk prior to the ejection. Several nations on Op Shader have issued aircrew PDW‘s either MP7 or B&T P9.

Id rather have it, anything is better than being captured.

As would I, but careful consideration should be given to any interaction with your new hosts.

As would I, but careful consideration should be given to any interaction with your new hosts.
Well either being burned alive, or have some jihadi go all master chef on my neck with a blunt butter knife I know what I’d do.

A large false beard, some sandals and a goat would be a better escape and evasion kit.
You probably think no one has ever thought of that....
1581864971829.png

Yokel

LE
A large false beard, some sandals and a goat would be a better escape and evasion kit.

You really need to stop getting Pte Baldrick to pack your SERE kit.

On a serious note, has carrying sidearms contributed to the successful escape of downed aircrew in post 1945 conflicts? People like Nick Richardson and Scott O'Grady escaped as they were not immediately located by the bad guys.

Chalkythedog

War Hero
Glass half empty kind of outlook?

There have been pilots in various wars who bailed out over enemy territory and were not captured. June 2, 1995 Francis O’Grady’s F-16 was shot down over Bosnia and Herzegovina by a 2K12 Kub mobile SAM launcher and forced to eject. Spent nearly a week evading capture before being recued.

It is simply a step up from the pistol now provided in escape kits, that provide pilots a more effective means of personal survival.
The circumstances of the shooting down over Bosnia are very interesting. Worth a look.