• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

New US Navy Working Dress

Where did they get the perve with the tache?
He looks like he's been pulled out of low budget grot vid.

And honestly, why do they need to be camouflaged, the reasoning beneath the picture is pretty poor?

A_team_lewis said:
And honestly, why do they need to be camouflaged, the reasoning beneath the picture is pretty poor?

For the same reason the Air Force changes thier utilities, they are tired of looking like Boy Scouts.

What's the point of wearing camouflage that isn't of any practical use? Unless the wearer is standing against a skyline, but I thought that was to be avoided!?!

This appears to be taking the p!ss at a cost to the US taxpayer!

E

error_unknown

MrPVRd said:
A "Man Overboard" will be difficult to spot! 8O
I was thinking that.

What's the point of giving them camouflage? Surely it doesn't really matter what their dressed in if they're standing on something the size of the USS Nimitz: you aren't really going to miss them.

Corporal said:
A_team_lewis said:

For the same reason the Air Force changes thier utilities, they are tired of looking like Boy Scouts.
When are you septics going to learn how to wear a beret?

Even the Canadians and - dare I say it - the Frogs know how to wear one better than you rabble.

:roll:

prs069 said:
When are you septics going to learn how to wear a beret?

Even the Canadians and - dare I say it - the Frogs know how to wear one better than you rabble.

:roll:
I'm a Marine, we never wear the stupid things. Ask ctauch, not only is he Army, but I hear he is half French.

I got a better camoflage picture from my ZX spectrum back in 1988!!!

that truly is a Cak uniform and will just give the rest of the world an excuse to lay into them.

agent smith

PS did anyone see the excuse for the new uniform?

Also, many sailors also work ashore, often in combat zones, where the camo pattern still works in built up areas. But more immediately, the camo pattern hides the grease, and other, stains that sailors tend to get on their uniforms. The stains become part of the camouflage pattern, and are one less thing for your chief (Chief Petty Officer, every sailors works for one) to worry about. The camo pattern also makes the uniform still look presentable, even though it is wrinkled. The uniform is made of wash-and-wear material, and is lighter, and more rugged, than fabric currently used. The normal wear life of the NWU is designed to be up to 18 months, compared to six months for the current working uniforms.
Standards are dropping!! 8O

I think a stable belt would finish it all off, maybe the RLC one. Complete colour clash. That should
Well it may look a little strange, granted. But at least they have not gone badge mad yet, like we seem to be!!!!
baffle the enemy!!

Latest Threads