• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

New US Army Uniform...

Have to say that the style of shirt depicted on that cover is one which is being trialled for our guys, to wear under osprey. It'll have coolmax material for the torso and normal desert dpm sleeves...
Saw this in a kit magazine not long ago (in my defence, it was the only reading material available during a long wait...).

What's wrong with those nifty nomex coveralls with the carrying strap across the shoulders CT? Might of been around since the 90's but they are very functional...

Want the definition of absurdity? Watching a bunch of CDATs (computerized dumb arsed tankers for those unfamiliar with the term) apply camo face paint prior to conducting an exercise. If the OPFOR doesn't notice one's 70 ton behemoth clanking up on them, what makes a leader think they will see the loader's acne covered mug eh?

One thing to keep in mind gents is that if nothing else, a least our guys won't look like personnel in half the nations out there who we sold woodland pattern BDUs to (or who copied them.) So it will reduce the chance of fratricide to some extent.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Khyros said:
One thing to keep in mind gents is that if nothing else, a least our guys won't look like personnel in half the nations out there who we sold woodland pattern BDUs to (or who copied them.) So it will reduce the chance of fratricide to some extent.
Stand by for incoming...

Legs said:
Khyros said:
Stand by for incoming...
Why? I'm refering to mk.I eyeballs of the average rifleman seeing a target and that split second shoot/no shoot decision... not some fast mover or chopper jock looking at vague shapes of vehicles through a FLIR and relying on being told no friendlies are past a certain phase line... Huge differance.

Carcass said:
Khyros said:
Why? I'm refering to mk.I eyeballs of the average rifleman seeing a target and that split second shoot/no shoot decision...
Just like in your airsoft games?
Never touch the stuff, thank you very much. Didn't even know such foolery existed till I heard about it in recent months.

Before you attempt to insult in such a charming manor, I suggest you take a moment to learn about the person whom your attempting to harass eh?

US Army, Infantry... 11B3V to be precise...

B 2/75th INF 87-90
A 1/2nd ACR 90-92
HHC (scouts) 1/506th INF 92-93 (Camp Greaves, Korea)
A 2/327th INF 93-95
C 3/5th SFG 95-98

If you know anything about those units in the time frame posted then you know where I have been and what I have done. If you want to know more than wander on to www.paratrooper.net as I am a long standing and vetted member of that community (same nom de guerre)

Khyros said:
What's wrong with those nifty nomex coveralls with the carrying strap across the shoulders CT? Might of been around since the 90's but they are very functional...
They're not particularly rugged, unfortunately. They're also not on massive issue. I went to Iraq with just one, so more often than not, you're in BDUs anyway. The largest, problem, however, is that the Nomexes are not worn on their own. You still need to wear socks, boots, T-shirt. All three of the current issue variants are of the artificial polymer ilk, and have a tendancy to melt in fires, which means either digging out the old issue gear, buying your own suff like desert tanker boots, or waiting for someone to figure out that we're not all infantry.

The Army recently developed fire-safe boots for us, I've not seen them yet, but I know they're out there. Now they've developed fire-safe socks and T-shirt. Great. Now we can wear the Nomexes with some utility.

NTM

Latest Threads