Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

New US Army fitness tests?

I get where you're going with that but maybe the of didn't have full stocks so the badge made a call?
It could be. The older style APFT uniform has a wear out date too and until that wear out date arrives, Snuffy can still wear the old kit without fear of retribution.It still looks sloppy though. :threaten: If I were still in and was their PTI I'd give them a dose of running around in banana suits (yellow track suit, warm and scratchy, 1 ea.) That would learn 'em.

It could be. The older style APFT uniform has a wear out date too and until that wear out date arrives, Snuffy can still wear the old kit without fear of retribution.It still looks sloppy though. :threaten: If I were still in and was their PTI I'd give them a dose of running around in banana suits (yellow track suit, warm and scratchy, 1 ea.) That would learn 'em.

I've still got one of the old grey t-shirts. Army on the front but without the dirty great a on the back :)

That”s the old, old version. Back when we were issued grey sweatpants.

US uniforms don’t have an “everyone must switch together” date.
I personally will be wearing the UCP ACUs until the last possible moment. (End Sept 2019). I have plenty of the things and see no reason to put wear and tear on new OCP ACUs until I have to. I expect a bit of ribbing and occasional advice to “get with the program, you’re an officer and expected to set the example” comments, but I’m going to set the example by spending as little money as possible.

It does look a little odd, though.

0af1e8f2.jpg

I was under the understanding that a number of uniformed items are purchased by the soldier and if so I too would not get new till the old was in taters. I may have got the wrong end of the stick on this. This may be where the confusion lies. PT kit is issued and exchanged when needed (23 years after issue I returned to the stores the same two red and one white PT vests and blue shorts and green underwear that still had my reg number on folded to fit the locker).

On the other hand the PRI provided t-shirts and sweet sheats in the relevant regimental colour.

It’s a bit of both. As an officer, I have to buy everything. Enlisted get a basic minimum issue, but replacements or items in excess of the minimum still generally need to be paid for.

It was a proper bummer when the RSM/ ASM at my LAD in BAOR informed some poor fecker that his boots required replacement. Usually a VM as he'd been ankle deep in engine oil for a couple of years.
He would probably have had the same pair of boots since basic training and were only just getting comfortable.

Breaking in a new pair of DMS was not for the faint hearted

04017_grande.jpg