New US Army Camo?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ouyin, Jan 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was sent this by a mate in the US Army, he hates his current grey BDUs and says this may be the next camo patten for the US forces. Does anyone know anything about this patten? It seems to beat the grey pyjamas...

http://www.multicampattern.com/IMAGES.htm

2. I belive this camo pattern never made issue and that it is used by walts who want to play at ghost recon AW in the woods.

3. Or 'Wheres Walter' judging by the gallery from the link.

4. lol

In my opinion this camo would have been a better choice than those things they wear now.

5. If this is anything to go by I can see why it was scrapped.
    Its poo.

I do camouflage me.......

Attached Files:

6. Haven't they just gone over to digital similar to Marpat, only without the USMC logo?

7. I think that is a very bad shot. its the only one in the gallery where the camo stands out, then again, in those conditions you should have a white over suit on anyway.
    the Canadians went digi first with their Cadpat. then the USMC adopted their digital MARPAT uniform in both a woodland & desert version.
    the US Army then decided it needed a new camo kit.

I think multicam was one of the camo patterns on trial for the US Army, as was ACU. ACU won & was adopted by the US Army over the last 2 or 3 years. ACU is a digital camo with 2 or 3 shades of grey & is different from the USMC MARPAT Camo. it is supposed to be good worldwide, so they only get this & don't now have both woodland & desert patterns available as they did before, but I have reservations as to its effectiveness, especialy in a woodland / temperate enviroment.
    not to be outdone, the US Air Force has reportedly adopted an urban colored blue/black/grey hawaian shirt type camo. the US Navy was trialing BDU's in various 'urban' type colors to make it more difficult for insurgent / terrorist snipers to take pot-shots at its sailors on-board ships in foreign ports, sort of "on ship camo" ?
    but who cares, I is more than happy with British DPM for when us crabair go on ex :thumright:

camo spotter moment over!

8. I know its a bad shot thats why i posted it :D

9. next we'll have triniy & susana coming on to say what camo pattern everyone is wearing this year! :biggrin:

10. Lets hope to feck that the defense clothing IPT doesnt decide to get trendy with the new PECOC kit & decide it has to be a digital dpm.

THE CURRENT TEMPERATE PATTERN IS ONE OF THE BEST PATTERNS FOR THIS TYPE OF TERRAIN, SO FFS PLEASE KEEP IT. :numberone:

& imo tri-color is the best for desert conditions. :numberone:

11. The small, New York-based design firm of Crye Associates was formed in 2000 and in 2001 won a contract to participate in the U.S. Army�s project �Scorpion�, which was the first phase of FCS (Future Combat Systems) program. Crye�s involvement in the project included a complete redesign/overhaul of the uniform and equipment worn by the combat soldier. One of the many innovative ideas/items that stemmed from that project is a new camouflage pattern. Unofficially referred to as the �Scorpion pattern� until now (as it was born out of the Scorpion project), Crye is now producing it as �MultiCam�. Newly established Crye Precision is the manufacturing/production side of design-oriented Crye Associates, and has introduced the pattern, as well as apparel and equipment made in MultiCam. Fabrics in 1000d and 500d Cordura and 2 weights of 50/50 NYCO twill are now available.

12. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I do believe that ' they ' have been issued that new multicam uniform.

13. I like the innovative facial camouflage; incidentally, are the sunglasses mandatory?

Funny how every picture of multicam I've seen seems to be against a background of exactly the same coloured rock. I wonder how well it would work in any common-or-garden wood or desert.

14. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I've seen it used in Afghan, and i have to admit i thought it worked rather well. Dare i say it, better than Brit desert cam.

15. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer