New UBRE

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by C5H12O, Feb 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen the new UBRE, it does exist!!, or UST as it will be known and put it this way mouth open and wow comes to mind!
    Not one for over emphasis but i was impressed. German/UK built and based on the chassis that will replace the 4tonne, 8tonne and 14tonne vehicles. I have pics but probably due to commercial confidence i cant really post or link.

2. Give s a clue , who is the contract with ?

3. MAN/ERF and Fluid Transfer

4. 'Fluid transfer' sounds absolutely obscene. Which clever PR expert on £1K a day thought that one up?

5. Its quite a respected company in fuelling circles, most of the refuelling vehicles u see at airports have had some sort of equipment fitted, made by them.

6. Fluid Transfer
    MAN/ERF
    Is this what you mean?

SK

7. Yes, there will be a Medium and Improved mobility versions. Although the capability of the Medium will keep up with most first line vehicles.

8. but have they got rid of the DP????
    maybe a nice engine power take off?????
    i hate DP's especially with a mt snco who has banned
    easy start!

9. No DP, all PTO. Get the picture of the UBRE out of your mind, this truck is a whole new ball game, a lot bigger. After seeing a video of MAN trucks on a test track i can say it will keep up with Warrior!
    [​IMG]

10. Looks like a lot of truck but not a lot of fuel!

11. i dunno id say maybe just under the 2 pod setup of a 4 tonne daf shed ubre

but just look NO DP thats got to be a god send

12. anyone know what size engine?

and of course being a man the govenour will be electric and fuse pulling worthy

13. What's all that health and safety fencing bollox all about on the top. Hardly a tactical vehicle looking like that!

14. "What's all that health and safety fencing bollox all about on the top. Hardly a tactical vehicle looking like that!"

Im afraid thats what H&S dictates, and it has to be up to open the hatch. But actually you will only need to go up at start of day and end. There are meters on it etc. During ops you dont need the hatch open. And it will be sprayed green!

anyone know what size engine?

I can find out but its big and more powerful than DROPS etc.

i dunno id say maybe just under the 2 pod setup of a 4 tonne daf shed ubre

but just look NO DP thats got to be a god send

It holds 7000ltrs which is more than the largest UBRE, the 8tonne. The size is dictated by the ability to travel x-country at speed. Remember its in a different world from a DAF. It cant be a dismountable tank, like the UBRE, as it wouldnt comply with modern regs. Also you will be able to carry the truck without degassing the veh on ship.
    As for DP, stop truck, apply handbrake and press a switch in the cab and the pumps ready!