New TRF not so new

Bloomin' trogs.

Attachments

:eek: The Sustainer wrote as much in early 2004. Telling of how the RASC supported the army single handed! :lol: :p :roll:

WWII Arms of Service Strips:
Worn on both arms of Battledress & Grearcoats with main colour (Same as officers rank pip/crown) to the front: (Shown as for right arm)

RASC

RAOC

ACC

RPC

RA

:twisted: Very neutral colours for an amalgamated corps I think! :wink:

I think the RED & BLACK DZ Flash used by 13 AA Regt and RCT/RAOC Airbourne Logistics before them would have been a better TRF, prehaps in a smaller size!

Any Opinions?

Yes indeed Mike.

Thought I'd show the physical proof for the non-believers though.

Yes Mike.

I'm with you on that one. The red/black always denoted LOGISTIC as opposed to any specific corps. Why wasn't it suggested at the development stage?

Too late now, typical lack of forethought on...well...lets just say we all know who and where.

Not really surprised by any of this.

Just what have we (RAOC) actually had accepted into the RLC.

Battalions, Companies and Platoons became Regiments, Squadrons and Troops.
HM The Queen was our Colonel in Chief.
And our founding as a function of the Ordnance Board meant we shared a unique history and tradition with both the RA and RE.
No one questioned Cdr Buckley's VC before we were assimilated by the Borg. So what if he was part of the East India Co.
All gone now though.
And as for the article from the "Waggoner" concerning Horses. We (RAOC) were never bloody donkey wallopers as a Corp and if we were surely we would all be wearing spurs in mess dress.

I apologise now if a change in Dress regs appears and we all end up wearing spurs.

Wilf, don't you wear spurs with your CS95 anyway?

The red/black DZ refers to logistics not just RAOC, and does not feature in any previous colours such as the RLC TRF which is RASC colours.

GasmaskWilf said:

Added Quote to put reply into context for GM!

Well they took the Conductors appointment and gave it to all, so that we now have Driver, Pioneer & Chef Conductors. Reducing the percentage of WO1 Staff Sergeant Majors (SSM) holding the appointment to around 15 at anyone time. (otherwise it would have risen to around 25)

Conductor was a Supply or Stores appointment before 1965 when Staff Sergeant Majors, First Class RASC transfered to the RAOC and merged with Conductors RAOC. The RCT never had this appointment before 1993.
(All RASC Supply Functions transfered to the RAOC in 1965, Transport becoming RCT)

This is a case of something they should have left alone?

There has also been I beleave one Lady Conductor (now comissioned) which I did not mind as much! As well as TA Conductors (also since 1993)

Mike, were you having a moment?

This thread is about the TRF.

GasmaskWilf said:

8) Yes and no! Just replying to the above.........

:lol: Have added to other post to make reply clearer!

General Melchett said:
Wilf, don't you wear spurs with your CS95 anyway?
True, but that's because I'm a "cowboy" not a donkey walloper. Although I've been really good recently and following all those lovely rules and regs, well except for the incident with the 16mm and a helicopter in a hot, sandy place. Now I'm actually in danger of having them confiscated. :cry:

And what is wrong with having a blue and yellow TRF considering it is the colours of the Corps Lanyard and just so happens to have been used by the RASC? We seem to forget that the full dress uniform of the band is virtually the same as the pre RAOC Ordnance Corps full dress.

Stig said:
And what is wrong with having a blue and yellow TRF considering it is the colours of the Corps Lanyard and just so happens to have been used by the RASC?
Call me a cynic, But who selected Blue/Yellow for the lanyard in the first place?

Stig said:
We seem to forget that the full dress uniform of the band is virtually the same as the pre RAOC Ordnance Corps full dress.
And changed the Spike on the Home Service Helmet to a Ball as used by the Army Service Corps while you were at it! With its Red Piping (ASC used White) it is I agree similar to AOC Full Dress.

Just be grateful that they didn’t pick the colours used on the officers club tie for the TRF.

The minutes from the first Corps dress committee would make for an interesting read - was there really a method behind their madness?

I still think its pointless.

Are they going to make a green and black one for Combat Jackets? oh bollo**s, me and my big mouth!!

I agree, the lunacy increases when they produce two versions of it one with a green border and one with a desert border. I never had a problem pre TRF being recognised by other arms as a Loggie as my whopping great DROPS troop in the background kind of gave it away.

The question is will these TRFs end up being stencilled on the wagons like the rather familiar old RASC insignia were? 8O

Glad to see that the TRF is going down so well. Even the fat splasher Major showcasing 'Army Catering' to the Master Chef program recently couldn't be Arsed to sew it on the right way. At least he ate like he was a paid up member of the pudding race! But seriously if the Officers have no interest in the TRF what chance the soldiers. :oops:

The reason the TRF is called tactical is that the Army Dress Committee can only approve an item to be worn a public expense is if there is an operational reason for wearing it. Otherwise, it has to be paid for personally - hence formation badges are paid out of PRIs and our pocket whilst DZ flashes are paid for by the system. What use is it to be able to recognise that a guy is RLC anyway; you still don't know if he is a Dvr, Rad Op, Sup Spec, Sup Con, Pnr, AT, Postie, Chef, Baker, Butcher, Photgrapher, etc.

Ffs. They're coloured bits of cloth guys, they're coloured bits of cloth! You lot make lorry-spotters look exciting.

Oh, you do that too..... :D

Mr_Relaxed said:
And does anyone know the policy on attached arms wearing it in RLC Major Units?

Is there a policy?
Or other way round RLC attached to a Major Unit

Thinking Chefs here for example

Or Joint Med Unit?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Military Clothing & Boots 24
C Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 1
Boxy ACF 101