• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

New tranche of 2008 bikes

Just been leafing through latest edition of MCN and the various offerings of 2008 models.

The new 'blade; snubbed nosed and looks hideous.
The Gixer 600; looks all cosmetical
ZX10; how about that new exhaust styling?!

Gone are the underseat pipes, now it's stubby Moto GP look-a-likeys.

Race on sunday, sell on monday.

Alsacien

MIA
comedy dave said:
Just been leafing through latest edition of MCN and the various offerings of 2008 models.

The new 'blade; snubbed nosed and looks hideous.
The Gixer 600; looks all cosmetical
ZX10; how about that new exhaust styling?!

Gone are the underseat pipes, now it's stubby Moto GP look-a-likeys.

Race on sunday, sell on monday.
Looking forward to the homologation 1098/1198R from Bologna....

Just clapped eyes on the Ducati Desmosedici RR.
Lovely looking bike. but £40,000 and 200bhp....
Why?.........

Clearly an executive toy. Insurance quotation? I would hate to think.

For british roads?

Yep your right on the depreciation front, but thats always been the case with the R or older SPS models.
after riding them both i guess its a question of preference as they are both well matched in terms of power, its just the bikes have different characteristics, the 1098 having a good lowdown punch due to the extra cc´s and the R having a power band like kick at 7000 that is like nothing ive ridden ( except my old RD20LC ) ;)

Alsacien

MIA
spannermonkey said:
Yep your right on the depreciation front, but thats always been the case with the R or older SPS models.
after riding them both i guess its a question of preference as they are both well matched in terms of power, its just the bikes have different characteristics, the 1098 having a good lowdown punch due to the extra cc´s and the R having a power band like kick at 7000 that is like nothing ive ridden ( except my old RD20LC ) ;)
Try finding a 998r :D

Alsacien

MIA
nodandawink said:
Bloody 4-strokes...

Still, Brittens were nice bikes...

For real motorcyclical erotica - I give you...
The best bike Ducati ever [nearly] made - and the only thing Terblanche ever got right.....

Alsacien

MIA
thumper563 said:
comedy dave said:
Sorry Abbotale but that looks like a tractor! I bet it sounds like one too.

Triples are where it's at. IMHO
NEVER.

Twins are the way ahead...

..in more ways than one
While I am a twin devotee for both road and track, I would have to disagree with that statement.
For efficiency, economy and future emissions a V4 will come out top in terms of power/wieght/size/flexibility.

Wont stop me collecting Ducati's though :wink:

thumper563 said:
comedy dave said:

NEVER.

Twins are the way ahead...

..in more ways than one
I'm guessing parallel twins, flat twins, v-twins?
Triumph make P-twins oh and triples, have I mentioned that before?

Comedy Dave wrote:

Have a bit of a thing for triples also having owned the original bug eyed speed triple :D
Personally don't think you can beat the sound of a v twin, but anyway have a look at this about the Britten, amazing engineering for its time and handmade by a motorcycling maverick.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5HhGQJ2hn8Y

Latest Threads