New to this hobbying lark

I recently bought a couple of airfix kits to do as I need quite sedate things to do since acquiring some quite fantastic injuries.

Starting with a 1:72 English Electric Lightning which looks like it could end up looking brilliant if it doesn't end up stuck to my table/face/cat.

What I really wanted was a good kit of a Warrior as i spent some time in those while serving.
Could find **** all though to be honest. Anyone knowing any good ones?
Found a few good looking Chinese ones but they are pre assembled so absolutely pointless really.

Cheers in advance.

I recently bought a couple of airfix kits to do as I need quite sedate things to do since acquiring some quite fantastic injuries.

Starting with a 1:72 English Electric Lightning which looks like it could end up looking brilliant if it doesn't end up stuck to my table/face/cat.

What I really wanted was a good kit of a Warrior as i spent some time in those while serving.
Found a few good looking Chinese ones but they are pre assembled so absolutely pointless really.

Cheers in advance.
Try this

Cheers in advance.
Academy do a 1/35 Warrior(section wagon),not a bad kit but not without flaws.Accurate Armour of Scotland have a number of conversions,command,OP,and an interior.Airfix make a 1/48 kit with bar armour and I think a full interior.

Thanks chaps. Seems im either dogshite at online shopping or i accidentally used Bing instead of Google.
I notice a few of those are out of stock everywhere. I'll just have to keep my eye on them coming back into stock.

welcome to these pages by the way, you can post up images of your efforts on here, you might have the piss taken, but there will be genuine help and advice, this is a Squaddie based forum after all. What you put in is what you get out.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks chaps. Seems im either dogshite at online shopping or i accidentally used Bing instead of Google.
I notice a few of those are out of stock everywhere. I'll just have to keep my eye on them coming back into stock.
I'd steer clear of photo-etched extras for a while if you are new to modelling. Photo-etching is a great for adding fine detail but it can be a pain, often requires soldering skills and is pretty fiddly. If you are just starting out, it may be better to come in with just the plastic.

Don't worry about it. I've finished building my first model is about 25 years, and have finishing to do before I can complete painting it.

You may be able to rescue it. Post a couple of pics, and see if anyone can advise.

I'd steer clear of photo-etched extras for a while if you are new to modelling. Photo-etching is a great for adding fine detail but it can be a pain, often requires soldering skills and is pretty fiddly. If you are just starting out, it may be better to come in with just the plastic.
Best advise on this thread so far :)

To be fair I spent hours filing parts down smooth, painting parts that would be completely encased in the final model as per the instructions, then came to fitting together the two halves of the fuselage and there's a massive gap between the two at the nose end but not at the back.

Fuming to be honest. Was close to introducing it to the wall but my Mrs looked at me like I was ******* mental so i put it back down.

well done, excellent self control/Mrs Control. we've all been there, you are no different, post a pic, we might be able to help. Even if it ends up on the air rifle range as a hard target.

Don't worry about it. I've finished building my first model is about 25 years, and have finishing to do before I can complete painting it.

You may be able to rescue it. Post a couple of pics, and see if anyone can advise.
oh come on, you can't leave us dangling like that, what's the model? any pix.

To be fair I spent hours filing parts down smooth, painting parts that would be completely encased in the final model as per the instructions, then came to fitting together the two halves of the fuselage and there's a massive gap between the two at the nose end but not at the back.

Fuming to be honest. Was close to introducing it to the wall but my Mrs looked at me like I was ******* mental so i put it back down.
Clamps and filler, its not an uncommon problem especially with older kits ..... its also worth dry fitting the parts together before gluing the fuselage, the cockpit if misplaced can throw things out of whack

This one needed to be clamped with tape on the main section, the tail-fins were that bad the needed fillets as you can see, so dont give up on it, take a break and look at it anew

IMG_20180415_092101.jpg