New to the forum !!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by MedicUK, Dec 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone my name is Arran I am 19 and I have just joined this forum.

I have applied with the Reg British Army for the post of Combat Medical Technician.

I am really looking forward to a career with the amry, as I say I have just applied and still waiting to hear back from them.

Any advice for me?

Cheers,

2. join the yanks. Or more possible new zealand.

3. Hi everyone my name is Arran I am 19 and I have just joined this forum.

I have applied with the Reg Army for the post of Combat Medical Technician.

I am really looking forward to a career with the amry, as I say I have just applied and still waiting to hear back from the

AMRY?

4. lol, Thanks for that matey, been a long day!

5. IF your at application stage then its case of getting yourself into shape even if your set on medic need to look at 2 alternatives just in case.as long as nothing comes up through doct/drugs/offences then should be fine check out the mod site for job info for your 3 choices start getting to know all the basics
    http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/
    any other info fitness or training check the threads that are about good luck

6. Thank you :)

7. Get some boxes and start painting them, itll give you a head start to have some experience in the trades main activity.

Also, if you have a tent, repeatedly put it up and take it down, this will give you the edge on your fellow trainee CMTs.

Start telling your civvie mates that the CMT is the equivilant of a civvie Para medic and that youre going to get a job 'on the rigs' when you leave. If you start now then your story may sound convincing by the time you actually join.

Change trades the moment you get the chance.

Other than that welcome to the site and enjoy the banter both on here and once you join.

9. Pen15, is there any need for that! Im sure the guy can look and see plenty of derogitory comments about the cadre without your input. How about something constructive.

10. Mate don't listen to old Filbert here he is just bitter that the CMT's generally drink, fight and shag at a higher level than the girlie techs!! :p

No seriously Filbert is right on the old box painting and tent erecting, you will do sh*tloads of that when not on tour, but it is not all mundane, I believe they have a lot more med training programmes that when I was in, so show willing and get yourself on these. And when you have had enough you will be ready to go on the rigs!!

Filbert not all ex-CMT's end up offshore but as the brass is not bad you can't blame the boys who do, better working there than in the NHS with a bunch of clowns I am sure you will agree!!...... pulled the pin and awaiting shrapnel from all the split arrses, button pushers, and test tube sniffers!!

Oh and welcome to the board and be prepared for the banter, and laugh at those who can't take it!!

11. mmmm Im sure you must have missed this bit:

Other than that welcome to the site and enjoy the banter both on here and once you join

and you can write penis on here or couldnt you spell it?

12. got to agree with you there Stan, Im out as well now, only by a couple of months but Ive put the ODP malarky on hold for a few years and got a normal job, the way the NHS treat their staff is a joke.

like Tony_quet for instance!

13. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

:D

14. OK, once again may I refer you to my post above:

please post again Tony, you are a goldmine of a walkover!

15. OK filbrt, your a penis.

Happy?

Change trades the moment you get a chance is a biased opinion and not necessarily reflecting a "top tip" for a potential cmt.

I met a guy recently who has transfered to the Grey Mafia and is regretting the decission. There have been many changes for the cmt cadre of late and as a group we are suffering from negative opinions from Dinosaurs like your good self.

Bait me all you like but please dont mislead someone who is about to embark on his chosen career and call it banter.