New to me air rifle

cymraeg

War Hero
Bought the lad a cheap air rifle for crimbo as he had started expressing an interest and is taking well to it plinking in the garden learning the basics.

Was passing a shop today and thought would have a quick nosey around. Saw they had a very old school daystate up for a reasonable price and it errrr ended up coming home with me.

Lovely little piece to join my lad with in the garden and perhaps take it out for a bit of bunny bashing. Been years since I used one.

Quality father and son time

Bought the lad a cheap air rifle for crimbo as he had started expressing an interest and is taking well to it plinking in the garden learning the basics.

Was passing a shop today and thought would have a quick nosey around. Saw they had a very old school daystate up for a reasonable price and it errrr ended up coming home with me.

Lovely little piece to join my lad with in the garden and perhaps take it out for a bit of bunny bashing. Been years since I used one.

Quality father and son time
Errm, where's the pic?

CO2 Huntsman?

cymraeg

War Hero
Sorry chaps being a techno biff. 2 secs

It's a LR90

cymraeg

War Hero
20210504_110451.jpg

cymraeg

War Hero
20210504_155922.jpg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’ve still got the Webley Tomahawk that me and a mate went halves on when we were 14. I ended up buying his half of it.

It’s a heavy old thing, but never fails and is still deadly accurate. No Co2 required, no pumps or servicing with expensive seals, just a good honest break barrel rifle that works every time.

The adjustable trigger on it is a work of art and wouldn’t be out of place on an Olympic target rifle. Honestly read up about the triggers on these.

It’s a bit rusty in places and the stock is covered in dings and scratches but I still love it. Looking forward to a time when the boy can learn to shoot with it.

It deserves a bit of spruce up. I might treat it to a refinish and a new scope.

cymraeg

War Hero
I’ve still got the Webley Tomahawk that me and a mate went halves on when we were 14. I ended up buying his half of it.

It’s a heavy old thing, but never fails and is still deadly accurate. No Co2 required, no pumps or servicing with expensive seals, just a good honest break barrel rifle that works every time.

The adjustable trigger on it is a work of art and wouldn’t be out of place on an Olympic target rifle. Honestly read up about the triggers on these.

It’s a bit rusty in places and the stock is covered in dings and scratches but I still love it. Looking forward to a time when the boy can learn to shoot with it.

It deserves a bit of spruce up. I might treat it to a refinish and a new scope.

Nice one mate. I cut my teeth on an air arms tx200? Underlever model. Weighed the same as a small moon but the only gun I miss

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I need (need I tell you) to get something for plinking in the garden. the old break barrel I have is knackered and horribly Chinese or Korean or something. This is needed for target practice on inanimate objects and nothing to do with the final rat that lives in the garden and refuses to be trapped humanely

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Scope? Do air rifles have the range for that kind of gimcrackery?
A .22 air rifle can take down a bunny or pigeon at 50m if you’re a good enough shot.

And that’s before you start illegally modifying it or putting wd40 in the back of the pellets.

cymraeg

War Hero
A .22 air rifle can take down a bunny or pigeon at 50m if you’re a good enough shot.

And that’s before you start illegally modifying it or putting wd40 in the back of the pellets.
Or supergluing ball bearings into the skirt to make them AP. Allegedly

cymraeg

War Hero
Scope? Do air rifles have the range for that kind of gimcrackery?
Could be my piss addled brain but read or watched somewhere people hunting large game and elephants with air weapons

Not elephant but Cape buffalo is a unit

Linky below

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Springers any day for me:
1620162350849.jpeg

Scopes, adjustable triggers, moderators, torches and even LLMs where appropriate!

Used to do FAC conversions on HW80 air rifles. Over 20 ft-lbs were possible by re-machining various bits and fettling other bobs. A Parker Hale moderator was needed on all of them.

Getting the ultra strength square section spring in was not fun, lost teeth and fingers all over the place.

Latest Threads