New Title - Warrant Officer to the Royal Navy

Yokel

LE
If I read it correctly, this move is about getting rid of the clumsy term 'naval service' which confuses public and politicians. I also wonder if it wilk help reduce the number of Staff Officers in NCHQ?

Will the term 'Royal Navy and Royal Marines' be used as the bootnecks are different from the other fighting arms?

If I read it correctly, this move is about getting rid of the clumsy term 'naval service' which confuses public and politicians. I also wonder if it wilk help reduce the number of Staff Officers in NCHQ?

Will the term 'Royal Navy and Royal Marines' be used as the bootnecks are different from the other fighting arms?
To save confusion, they should revert to the age of the first Elizabeth and address the Sailing Folk as 'The Navy Royal' :cool:

Whoah! I detect an Army attempt to undermine the RN's precedence...... :)
au contraire! Just highlighting that Glenda Jackson was letting it be known that the Navy belonged to (and was funded solely by) herself :cool:

. . . even though (at the time) the actual scrapping at sea was by soldiers *cough*

It beats me why they decide to dream up these lofty appointments when our armed services are smaller than at any time since before Cromwell.

mcphee1948

War Hero

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
I just really dislike these non branch WO (EWO) posts, they are the Jimmy’s nark living in the Senior Rates Mess. At least we all knew what a joss was and that he was also only a guest in the mess.
With instant advancement to SO2, even for those who've previously failed AIB. Sends a great message.

Buddy!

War Hero
1SL's WO or Fleet WO would have been more appropriate in my opinion. A good move though despite this.

exspy

LE
They are always messing around with something and no doubt it costs a fortune. Change for change's sake indeed.

I wonder of the army and RAF have the same problem.
Every time a change is made which seems to be a change for change's sake, whatever the service, remember that its successful implementation has resulted in an O-6 advancing to Flag/General/Marshal rank. That's how it's done. Reclassifying trades or uniform changes or any one of a thousand other things which have no bearing on operational effectiveness or force projection, are done by O-6's working to become Flag etc. It's a way to get them noticed by the big guys, who all did it before them to get where they are.

New work dress aboard ships? Congratulate the new Admiral.

Every time a change is made which seems to be a change for change's sake, whatever the service, remember that its successful implementation has resulted in an O-6 advancing to Flag/General/Marshal rank. That's how it's done. Reclassifying trades or uniform changes or any one of a thousand other things which have no bearing on operational effectiveness or force projection, are done by O-6's working to become Flag etc. It's a way to get them noticed by the big guys, who all did it before them to get where they are.

New work dress aboard ships? Congratulate the new Admiral.
given that the numbers of Flag Officers are now severely reduced, this premise no longer holds true.

Latest Threads