New Title - Warrant Officer to the Royal Navy

Chef

LE
I wonder how much the consultants charged for that little gem and what the cost of implementing it will be?

Rab_C

War Hero
I just have to ask Why?
The grown ups think that he/she are a direct link to the ratings but the ratings think that they are just a Flag Officers lackey. The RN seem to have gone the way of the army, they now have EWO’s (RSM) but why? Prior to change for the sake of change the WO&CPOS Mess Pres (elected by the mess) was the senior WO and all seemed well, I guess the adults wanted more control.

Great. Hoseasons have more ****ing boats.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
'Royal Navy brand', 'business'? FFS. Waffling shyte.

lextalionis

Old-Salt
It's heartening that the First Sea Lord is so dedicated to his duties that he frets over the nomenclature of his mere functionaries. Truly the Nelson Touch.

lextalionis

Old-Salt
Has HMS Fishing Boat become the flagship yet?

My daughter was a Petty Officer Nursing Sister.

She rang me when she got promoted to tell me I would not be able to call her pons any more.

I replied, "Yes C ponse".

Any other brilliant abbreviations for forces ranks or positions?

Warrant Officer of the Fleet,
WOOF
Based on my acquaintance with 1SL on ACSC3, the younger 1SL would have toyed with that title just to see if he could sneak that acronym into common currency. I suspect that the older, wiser, more senior 1SL may well have done so too...

I remember a SNOT (Senior Nursing Officer Theatres (?)) and a SNOG (Senior Nursing Officer Gibraltar). I might be wrong though as I was terribly drunk at the time.

Rab_C

War Hero
My daughter was a Petty Officer Nursing Sister.

She rang me when she got promoted to tell me I would not be able to call her pons any more.

I replied, "Yes C ponse".

Any other brilliant abbreviations for forces ranks or positions?
When they first allowed women to become RN artificers we weren’t sure if they were WART/APPs or FART/APPs? (Wren Artificer Apprentice or Female Artificer Apprentice)

Latest Threads