New Tech Sees Dead People

Would be nice if this could be used to find Keith Bennets remains on Saddleworth moor. Bring some closure to the family.

Hmmmmm interesting. I am waiting for the development of a multi-system (maybe GPR +) scanner that will be able to discriminate other materials at various depths.

I want something that shows supplies underground. Invent that and earn a fortune from the utility companies.

mucus2 said:
I want something that shows supplies underground. Invent that and earn a fortune from the utility companies.
When I worked for Anglian Water in the mid 90's there was talk about a virtual imaging system that you wore like glasses and was able to show the location of water mains, but the information had to be pre-programmed into the computer. I attended lots of meetings where we were told about it but I never saw it in the flesh. Would be a lot easier now, with the advent of more accurate GPS and smaller but more powerful computers.

Spacehopper383 said:
mucus2 said:
When I worked for Anglian Water in the mid 90's there was talk about a virtual imaging system that you wore like glasses and was able to show the location of water mains, but the information had to be pre-programmed into the computer. I attended lots of meetings where we were told about it but I never saw it in the flesh. Would be a lot easier now, with the advent of more accurate GPS and smaller but more powerful computers.
Boeing use a similar system to assist technicians on manufacturing aircraft wiring looms.

Spacehopper383 said:
mucus2 said:
Most of the time no one seems to know what's down there anyway!!!!!! Plans show where the cable or pipe should run, often the bloke on the ground stuck it where he wanted, avoiding previous & unrecorded services.

mucus2 said:
It already exists and is called "PipeHawk", developed by Dr. Richard Chignell, one of the worlds leading experts on GPR. The PipeHawk system is operated in the UK by ADIEN PLc. Detect

Unfortunately, GPR on its own is not brilliant for finding buried stuff like UXO and landmines, as it is more suited for finding contiguous shapes than singular items, so its not much use to me.

doesn't bother me, i dispose head, hands and feet in a river anyway. if they find those charred torsos i'm not worried.... 8)

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
vvaannmmaann said:
Pigs.They are the answer.
They might be. What was the question?

Edited to add. Do you mean sniffer pigs like the ones that look for truffles...

I think he was more wondering along the lines of if this gadget can detect traces of corpse in pig sh1t.

BuggerAll said:
vvaannmmaann said:

Brick Top from Snatch:
"...Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig shit, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

My £5 please...

Edited to add: DAMNIT. Beaten to it, and a video link! Piss.

Time to move Maddy and the cook from York methinks!!!

Jungelism said:
BuggerAll said:
vvaannmmaann said:

Brick Top from Snatch:
"...Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig s***, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

My £5 please...

Edited to add: DAMNIT. Beaten to it, and a video link! Piss.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pickton

A local Pig farmer.