New Tech Sees Dead People

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, Apr 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Can its scan penetrate through a patio?
  3. Would be nice if this could be used to find Keith Bennets remains on Saddleworth moor. Bring some closure to the family.
  4. In tests here

and here

the device showed the presence of many corpses.
  5. Hmmmmm interesting. I am waiting for the development of a multi-system (maybe GPR +) scanner that will be able to discriminate other materials at various depths.
  6. I want something that shows supplies underground. Invent that and earn a fortune from the utility companies.
  7. When I worked for Anglian Water in the mid 90's there was talk about a virtual imaging system that you wore like glasses and was able to show the location of water mains, but the information had to be pre-programmed into the computer. I attended lots of meetings where we were told about it but I never saw it in the flesh. Would be a lot easier now, with the advent of more accurate GPS and smaller but more powerful computers.
  8. I could have done with one of these excellent gadgets a few years ago. Ah well, can't win them all.
  9. Boeing use a similar system to assist technicians on manufacturing aircraft wiring looms.
  10. Most of the time no one seems to know what's down there anyway!!!!!! Plans show where the cable or pipe should run, often the bloke on the ground stuck it where he wanted, avoiding previous & unrecorded services.
  11. It already exists and is called "PipeHawk", developed by Dr. Richard Chignell, one of the worlds leading experts on GPR. The PipeHawk system is operated in the UK by ADIEN PLc. Detect

Unfortunately, GPR on its own is not brilliant for finding buried stuff like UXO and landmines, as it is more suited for finding contiguous shapes than singular items, so its not much use to me.
  12. doesn't bother me, i dispose head, hands and feet in a river anyway. if they find those charred torsos i'm not worried.... 8)
  13. Pigs.They are the answer.
  14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

They might be. What was the question?

Edited to add. Do you mean sniffer pigs like the ones that look for truffles...