New Sub in Barrow seized engine?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by gloworm, Aug 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just heard of the latest foul up from those wonderful chaps in B*e, apparently they tried to run the engine without lube, strangely enough it stopped working after a while. How much and how long will this cost and take to put right and who gets to shoulder the cost is the question? :oops:

2. Link? If true, hopefully the "new sub" wasn't Astute - I wouldn't like to be around if that engine seized up!

3. What a strange topic for a 2nd post - a naval topic on an army board? Which paper do you work for?

4. [​IMG]

here's another fishing trip ....

5. Got to be the daily scum, too thick to know

6. Gloworm

2 ways to get medals

1. Join HM Forces and deploy.
    2. Use Paypal and cough the cash.

7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

They were taking the sub out on a fishing trip??? WTF were they using, torpedos?

And another thing - lubing up or not, water is bad for combustion, unless it's fusion of course.

I hope this answers your question.

8. He forgot to check his mirror, and left the handbrake on...........

9. Harpoons of cause :roll:

i thought all the RN subs were Nuk.

10. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

To be fair to gloworm it's already in the news, even if its badly written, muddled, unclear on detail and sensationalist. You'd think a journo would get it right. :twisted:

Broken Boat page

11. Hey guys, this is an ex forces site, I'm ex mob not any news hound on a fishing trip, I heard a rumour and as this is the official rumour service I asked...nuff said?

Medals, why should I buy? I got mine during my 18 years in, that ok with you?

12. Ok mate, sorry. try Royal Navy Forum

13. what makes him a journo

14. Oh you must be the only person on here who's done that. Can I have your autograph? :D

We get a lot of journos trawling on here for info - if you are who you say you are:

a. My apologies.

b. Welcome :D