New Sub in Barrow seized engine?

I have just heard of the latest foul up from those wonderful chaps in B*e, apparently they tried to run the engine without lube, strangely enough it stopped working after a while. How much and how long will this cost and take to put right and who gets to shoulder the cost is the question? :oops:

Link? If true, hopefully the "new sub" wasn't Astute - I wouldn't like to be around if that engine seized up!

What a strange topic for a 2nd post - a naval topic on an army board? Which paper do you work for?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
They were taking the sub out on a fishing trip??? WTF were they using, torpedos?

And another thing - lubing up or not, water is bad for combustion, unless it's fusion of course.

I hope this answers your question.

He forgot to check his mirror, and left the handbrake on...........

Biped said:
They were taking the sub out on a fishing trip??? WTF were they using, torpedos?

And another thing - lubing up or not, water is bad for combustion, unless it's fusion of course.

I hope this answers your question.
Harpoons of cause :roll:

i thought all the RN subs were Nuk.

Hey guys, this is an ex forces site, I'm ex mob not any news hound on a fishing trip, I heard a rumour and as this is the official rumour service I asked...nuff said?

Medals, why should I buy? I got mine during my 18 years in, that ok with you?

B

benjaminw1

gloworm said:
Hey guys, this is an ex forces site, I'm ex mob not any news hound on a fishing trip, I heard a rumour and as this is the official rumour service I asked...nuff said?

Ok mate, sorry. try Royal Navy Forum

gloworm said:

Oh you must be the only person on here who's done that. Can I have your autograph? :D

We get a lot of journos trawling on here for info - if you are who you say you are:

a. My apologies.

b. Welcome :D

Thanks,
apols if I tread on toes, as I said I am new to this, just finding my way round.

What are the medals for anyway, charity works and the like? :?

gloworm said:
Thanks,
apols if I tread on toes, as I said I am new to this, just finding my way round.

What are the medals for anyway, charity works and the like? :?
No not treading on toes mate but we are very wary of journalist on here. Not only do they try and sometimes use what we say as official, but they also misquote people or quote out of context.

You buy medals - its for the upkeep of the site and you needn't!

My comment was made on the strength that if you are a journalist then

1. or

Happy arrseing :D

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
gloworm said:

Ooooooh, naval tiffy! C'mon big fellah, give me a hug, I'll make it go away. :twisted:

RAF actually old chap, rather not go near the barrel and all that... :x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Army Pay, Claims & JPA 0
S Aviation 12
Victor-M The Other Half 64