New sub-forum: Buying a home

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by P3HO, Jul 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have spent years wasting my time buying new cars and feeling good. What a load of bollocks. We need to get the community thinking about becoming home owners. I have just started and have a few tips to share. Can we have a seperate section for all things house buying?

2. Good idea, wish I'd bought a house years ago. Stanford homes do some deals for squadies.

3. Barratt homes do £500 off every £25,000 or part thereof of the value of the home if you show them your military ID.

4. I would sugest an independant mortgage advisor. I was living in Aldershot and looking to buy a house in Scotland. Before I started looking I had arranged a mortgage 'in principle' which put me in a good bargaining position. When I found the ight house it took approx 5 weeks from putting n offer in to getting the keys. Almost a hastle-free experience.

5. Bit confused now....

I thought this was the ideas chatroom, hence I posted an idea. Is it normal for the MODS to ignore the posts here or has the novelty worn off Arrse and you just cant be arrsed?

Next time I just wont bother.....

6. now now!

No the novelty hasn't worn off, I'm sure it is a decent idea but the Admins have enough on their plate solving all the bugs that creep in so this part of the site has become more of a tech then suggestions area over time.

Can I suggest you post this idea in the finances area for forces sweetheart to have a look at.

She is the expert on this sort of thing but in my view the danger with putting advice about something as serious as buying a house on an anonymous internet chat site is that you have no control over the quality of the responses.

I would suggest the best and only real advice to give anyone thinking of buying a house is to seek the services of a reputeable independent financial advisor.

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry, I missed this one for some reason. I'll run it past FS and she can decide.