New Star Trek Film - Any Good ?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by sc_obvious, May 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone seen the new Star Trek film ? Debating whether to watch it this weekend and wondered in any Arrsers had seen it and have a recommendation ?

2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

3. I'm trying to convince Mrs G_S_B that, seeing as she's going out with the girlies tomorrow night then it'd be a good idea if we went to see Star Trek tonight. On IMAX

If I succeed, I'll let you know

If I don't....has anyone got a clawhammer I can borrow?

4. Just watched an item on BBC 24 about the new film.

Looks good.

Simon Pegg as "Scottie" - inspired choice!! :D

5. :D Took my good lady to watch it last night and although she hates scifi she loved it. i was a bit embarrassed at how much i was enjoying the film 8O .

well worth going to see.
    if you are like me and do not like to watch trailers for films you want to see then there was the trailer for the new transformers film........sounds good :p

6. Mrs G_S_B decied that 'we' wanted to watche Bones instead

7. Saw it last night. Went in expecting little, and thought it was brilliant. Don't say it often, but it was worth the ever engorged cinema ticket price. Might even go see it again...

8. I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. A great prequel, and if you have watched the original series, I am old enough to have seen it the first time round, there is a lot of things that relate. It starts off at 100MPH and keeps going. Enjoy.

9. Watched it last night also, fecking brilliant not a bad thing to say about it!

Watch it, and watch it at the flicks.

Whiskey

10. Seeing it on IMAX later today.

Don't judge me.

11. I managed to bluff the wife that it was would be a treat for the kids for their birthday to watch it last night rather than on opening weekend when it was bound to be packed. Unbelievably she agreed. I really enjoyed it - the next one should be even better now that the character introduction is out of the way.

12. Surprisingly good. Not a dull moment from the start. This gives the franchise a fresh set of actors to carry on. A lot of fun.

13. [quote="ogrimark]i was a bit embarrassed at how much i was enjoying the film[/quote]

That makes two of us. Just seen it with my other half and we both enjoyed it

14. I was somewhat dismayed by how much the transporters were affected by narrativium and the unnecessarily loud music at points, but otherwise it was pretty good.

15. I loved it even if there wasn't enough scotty.