New SSAFA Building in Ashstead - Norton House?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrShanklysboots, Aug 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the risk of embarrasing Wondermum and her fine husband, there appears to be a groundswell of opinion on ARRSE that after speaking so eloquently on behalf of this venture throughout the campaign, the Nortons should have their name attached to this House in Ashstead.

I believe very firmly that this should be so.

Please vote if you feel as strongly about this as I do!

(PS should we also theme the Bedrooms / areas? PTP Suite, DB hallway etc? :D )

EDIT: Obviously as long as the Nortons give their blessing. Sorry - should have said that in the firstplace :oops:
  2. Yes - but only if they are approached diplomatically and agree
  3. Like wot RABC sez
  4. Absolutely - Any Diplomats in the house? 8)
  5. Fully agree with RABC. The feelings of the Norton family should be respected at all times and their wishes should be taken into consideration. If they agree, then I´m all for it !
  6. Excellent suggestion if the Nortons were happy with it, but it's up to SSAFA Forces Help in the end of the day, assuming that they are successful in completing the purchase of the property.
  7. hear hear
  8. Ditto too all the above
  9. Yep, totally agree.
  10. Seconded
  11. who voted no?

I think its a great idea if ssafa and the nortons agree
  12. Taz_786
  13. Yes, but at the end of the day, its SSAFAs house so we have to respect what they want to call it, however i would like wondermum to have the say on this
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Agree totally but I also feel that Simon Weston should be honoured.He has been a stirling campaigner for service's rights since way back.
    Maybe name the rooms after brave men like him?
    The Weston Suite perhaps?
  15. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Quite agree that the House should carry the Norton name, if the family is willing.

How about the Weston Suite, the Streetwalker Gardens, the PTP Lounge (with Bar?), and the Dozy Bint minibus, as she drove Wondermum?