New Smock?

On a recent trip to Chicksands I noticed a few of the phase 2's walking round in issue smocks but the arms on them had big velcro patches on them like the under armor stuff.

Are smocks coming with the patches on now? Or is this just a case of a few Phase 2s trying to look ally?

D

Dom1983

I doubt theres a new issued smock, aren't we all getting an entirely new pattern kit anyway?

I mentioned this in a MTP thread a while back, it's the latest version, if not the last of temperate DPM smocks.

danny842003 said:
Yes the new smock does have velcro.
brill! that'll help catching sheep then! lol :)

Peter_Skellen said:
The new multicam is in therete now, issued to troops deploying to Helmand.
Is therete in Poland?

Will the use of velcro finally end the ball-ache of stitching flashes and TRFs on? Or will some comedian dictate that all TRFs and flashes are to be worn on the other (non-velcroed) sleeve?

And what's that lid he's wearing?

BuckFelize said:
Will the use of velcro finally end the ball-ache of stitching flashes and TRFs on? Or will some comedian dictate that all TRFs and flashes are to be worn on the other (non-velcroed) sleeve?
You will probably still have to sew the Velcro to the back of the TRF's and the flashes.

Glue! It worked for my squadron patches.

Cheers for clearing that up.

With money the way it is surely it's completely pointless trailing and issuing new style kit in the 95 pattern when we're supposed to be getting the new pattern stuff soon

Funnily enough Chicksands is the only place I've seen the new jackets, only the girls seem to wear them also.