New small car advice

I think anyone who is considering a new car has to make the electric decision at some point. We usually change our cars every three years, but are holding off on replacing the wife’s until we see what happens.

We won’t be going the Vauxhall route, it's a marque populated by utter cünts.

For all the bad press they get Vauxhall produce some reasonable cars. Not great, but not bad
At work I pootled around in an Insignia 1.5 petrol turbo for a while last year (apare company car so I hijacked it for a while)
I expected it to be utter pants but actually it was okay. I wouldn't buy one with my own money but in truth it was alright.

Technically the electric Corsa isn't bad in comparison to the competition.

The Suzuki Jimny came out to a lot of positive press, dunno if that's still the case.

The original one was a bit of a legend.
They have had to remove the rear seats, and now ONLY sell it as a two-seat "commercial" vehicle, which are allowed less strict emission regulations . . . . but, therefore it will also have a limitation on the allowable maximum speed :( .

It's a Dacia, there is no way I'm driving one of them.

it's fking embarrassing.
the cheapskate cnuts

Look at the Toyota GR Yaris. You’ll have lots of fun mugging of the baby BMW/Merc/Audi drivers.

£30k (ish)

For all the bad press they get Vauxhall produce some reasonable cars. Not great, but not bad
At work I pootled around in an Insignia 1.5 petrol turbo for a while last year (apare company car so I hijacked it for a while)
I expected it to be utter pants but actually it was okay. I wouldn't buy one with my own money but in truth it was alright.

Technically the electric Corsa isn't bad in comparison to the competition.

You keep telling yourself that, don’t let that dignity go without a fight.

But you should know, it’s already gone for anyone looking in.

Even your favourite marque is tainted by John Prescott.

They have had to remove the rear seats, and now ONLY sell it as a two-seat "commercial" vehicle, which are allowed less strict emission regulations . . . . but, therefore it will also have a limitation on the allowable maximum speed :( .
Blimey - all because of eth EU emission - just had a read up.

What a shame, not entirely surprised though.

What a joke.

So pleased I had some proper engined cars while you still could.

I'd go for the I10 as well.

We're on our fourth Ix20, and love them.

When I persuaded my youngest to stop buying clapped- out bangers, I bought her a new I10, and as she was then, a bit nervous on the motorway, I drove it from Durham to Manchester for her.

Lovely comfy car, easy to drive, and very spacious inside, for it's size.

Smart forfour. Rear engine rear wheel drive, go for the smaller but more powerful engine, or the sports version if you are brave. Boot is decent for a tiny car, 0-30 is quick, 0-60 not too bad. 5 doors, and you can turn the rear seats in more luggage space by flipping them over, so seats stay clean.

Or leave them the right way up and they drop into a longer boot.

Ours is technically my wife's, but I drive it more than her as the 50 mpg without trying helps as I do more miles.

You keep telling yourself that, don’t let that dignity go without a fight.

But you should know, it’s already gone for anyone looking in.

Even your favourite marque is tainted by John Prescott.

I don't own a Vauxhall :)

And I make no apology for having a Jaguar. Clearly the choice for discerning gentlmen (and me too)

B42T

LE
Look at the Toyota GR Yaris. You’ll have lots of fun mugging of the baby BMW/Merc/Audi drivers.

£30k (ish)

30k ? I remember buying a Sierra Cosworth tax free in 1990 for 13k.

what a car that was.

mind you the insurance was a crippler.

30k ? I remember buying a Sierra Cosworth tax free in 1990 for 13k.

what a car that was.

mind you the insurance was a crippler.

You can’t whine about the price AND whine about cars such as Dacia.

Right lads, something straightforward, my missus is looking at getting a new car.

a small one, something like an I10 or a Picanto.

she has had a Panda for the last 4 years which has been great for what it's used for, ie going to work, shopping etc.

However, she's looking for a new car.

any advice?
Clio 1L petrol

Not a bad little runner

2 complaints -
A pillars - you can hide an arctic in them - common to everything now though **
Sensors / alerts / chimes - I have an old defender - the only warning that gives is the rattly grinding judder if youre either in the wrong gear / the clutch has eaten itself or the excessive emmissions 10km before the head gasket goes - The clio on the other hand beeps chimes honks every time you so much as fart in its direction

I've been pushing a SEAT Ibiza ST about for the last 6 years, not a bad bit of iron to be honest, doesn't drink much, and the FR trim with the DSC gearbox is fairly sporty. Not certain what the present versions are like though.

Mrs SD has recently changed to a Focus from a Fiesta EcoBoost 140 (2017). That was a hell of a car. My parents have one of the last 4 cylinder models, (2016) with the 1242 "Yamaha" engine. Stonking wee car, very plush and very nice to drive.

I'd respectfully suggest that the current and previous model Fiestas are the best superminis out there.

If you are quick, you might still find a copy of this week's AUTOCAR (24 FEBRUARY 2021), with a very favourable report (on pages 54-57), by Steve Cropley of the Suzuki IGNIS.

I can't find this week's test on the AUTOCAR web page, but here is an earlier one . . .

View attachment 553365
View attachment 553375

Just published on the Inter-web . . .

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Have a look at car wow reviews on you tube, you must have some ideas then see how the reviews are.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
i10 5 year warranty
Picanto ( same thing same manufacture 7 year warranty simples

Ford Fiestas are ace, several family members have them

Latest Threads