New Sleeping System

For Gear Spotter or any of the other resident experts, does anyone know if there is any plan for a new sleeping system? I saw a couple of trials versions a few years ago, but nothing appears to have come of it.

We did receie some new sleeping systems a while back that included a compression sck with end and side compression straps unlike the bomb version, will get more details on Monday if required!

For Gear Spotter or any of the other resident experts, does anyone know if there is any plan for a new sleeping system? I saw a couple of trials versions a few years ago, but nothing appears to have come of it.
There are plans to replace the existing bomb with a 3-season bag for temperate use and a 1-season bag for hot weather use that can then be zipped in to give you 4-season capability if needed. Mid-2012 would be earliest anticipated ISD.

There are plans to replace the existing bomb with a 3-season bag for temperate use and a 1-season bag for hot weather use that can then be zipped in to give you 4-season capability if needed. Mid-2012 would be earliest anticipated ISD.
Sounds a bit like the US system, in which the bags are poppered together - the resulting combined bag is suprisingly compact, and very toasty!

Both bags also popper into the gortex bivvi bag, which is side-zipping (like the sleeping bags). As a result, I found it was much easier and quicker to get into (and out of) your bag at night. The only disadvantage to a side-zip bag is that it makes it next to useless as a stuff sack for river crossings.