New Sky TV series - Tell us your stories

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by LeopardFilms, Sep 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This message is posted with permission from ARRSE

Leopard Films is currently producing a series for Sky Real Lives with a working title of Forces Reunited.

Our aim is to tell the stories of the brave men and women who form the British Armed Forces - we will also look through the eyes of the partners, parents and families who stand by their sides.

Leopard is looking for contributors who would love to be reunited with someone - or have already tracked down their long-lost and want to share their story.

The stories may be about personnel returning home to be reunited with their families, siblings who’ve been torn apart in a conflict, Second World War or National Service buddies meeting up again.

Perhaps you are looking for some friends you knew from an old posting? Maybe you lost touch after leaving the forces. Tell us about it – even if you’ve already found them.

Maybe one of you is from a family with an military tradition – get in touch and tell us what that’s like – how’s life changed down the generations?

We would love for you to get in touch with us and tell us a different side to the usual story of military life. Please e mail us at ForcesReunitedMail@leopardfilms.com with a brief outline of your story and your contact details and we’ll be in touch. We will consider each story in confidence in the first instance.

We know that some people may be concerned about privacy and security as we're asking you to discuss sensitive subjects - please read below - we are experienced in dealing with these types of stories. We’re talking to the MOD about this series and will take their lead on any security matters.

Many thanks

Leopard Films’ exemplary track record in building and maintaining relationships with organisations means we are in a perfect position to make this series. We have become known for warm, engaging production values in this live-based genre and will draw extensively on our experience with Evacuees Reunited, RTS-nominated MISSING LIVE and LIFEGIVERS, shows which have broad appeal across the nation and have been commended in Parliament.

2. I was recently reunited with a hugely important part of my militairy life, let me tell you my story.....

I was recently browsing around a jumble sale in aid of the local home for kittens with epilepsy when I saw through the piles of old clothes a glimpse, no more than that, of an old familiar face. The memories came flooding back of all the happy times we'd spent together, through basic training, combat engineer training, our first posting together, countless excercises and tours, he always managed however grim things had got to put a broad smile back on my face, and leave me with a feeling of "things could be much worse"
    I've never had anyone or anything that was as close to me, before or since, it's true what they say about the army, it really bonds you together.
    Well, I reached out and grabbed him, and pulled him towards me, he was looking a little older and worn now, but I'd of recognised him anywhere.

It was my old W@nk sock, and I'd deposited so much of my DNA into it over the years, it was still like a wolly cosh. I immediately gave the old lady on the stall the 30p she wanted for it, and ran off to empty my bag into an old chum.

3. Bit dusty in here.

4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Endomol must be bricking it.

Sorry son, but whatever happened to going out and talking to people?

What you want is out there, just I dont think its going to happen by posting it on a website.

And while I'm on, what the fuck is a live-based genre?

5. Dear Mr Shortfuse,

I represent the BBC's Panorama programme. Please PM me: Panorama would like to interview your w@ank sock. Nothing intrusive, mind. Just get it to tell it like it is. No fee, natch, but your sock can rest assured that the highest ambitions of public service broadcasting will be maintained at all times.

It's not too crusty, is it? If so, we'll have to fill out a Hazard Assessment Form before we can put it in the studio.

6. TheIronDuke

Oh yeah? Show us your live-based genre then.

7. -based genre and will draw extensively on our experience with Evacuees Reunited, RTS-nominated MISSING LIVE and LIFEGIVERS, shows which have broad appeal across the nation and have been commended in Parliament.[/quote]

Yeah, we get commended in parliament too. Usually posthumously.

8. TheIronDuke

Has anyone done a H&S Risk Assessment on replying in this thread?

9. "Leopard Films’ exemplary track record in building and maintaining relationships with organisations means we are in a perfect position to make this series. We have become known for warm, engaging production values in this live-based genre and will draw extensively on our experience with Evacuees Reunited, RTS-nominated MISSING LIVE and LIFEGIVERS, shows which have broad appeal across the nation and have been commended in Parliament."

Leopard Films' exemplary live based genre includes the towering classics Cash in The Attic and Celebrity Cash in The Attic.

Hard to top, warmth-wise, I know; but we have a panel of 'real people' from Aldershot who will - we hope - compare w@nk socks and answer emails from viewers. It's a big story and we'll spread it across multimedia platform teams.

But it's Shortfuse we're after. His story is so, so human.

10. Oi! I never used a w@nk sock, I used a crusty old WRAC.

11. TheIronDuke

I have never connected with Shortfuse's humanity. For obvious reasons. But his live-based genre has always left me gasping for breath.