New Site Feature - Watch List

#1
This is something the site has needed for ages but it is a way for you to watch all your favourite threads from a single page: Watch List
 

Attachments

#2
this is fantastic :thumleft:

thanks for this brilliant idea - saves a lot of time :)

oh wait ... i can go to the page using your link bad_co
but the link isn't in my stuff so far :?

*using xp - opera 9.21 - arrse.net ... just for information ;) *
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#3
YesItsMe said:
this is fantastic :thumleft:

thanks for this brilliant idea - saves a lot of time :)

oh wait ... i can go to the page using your link bad_co
but the link isn't in my stuff so far :?

*using xp - opera 9.21 - arrse.net ... just for information ;) *
Nor mine on FF3.
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#4
Working now :D
 

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
#5
It works through the linky but not on my stuff.

I'm on DII (F)
 
#6
B_AND_T said:
It works through the linky but not on my stuff.

I'm on DII (F)
Try Ctrl-F5, or if the drop down menu doesn't work, you'll have to go via the Sitemap
 

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
#9
Cheers BCO, works through sitemap.
 
#13
Seen excellent news. Works well
Cheers BCO
 
#15
SkiCarver said:
Is there an option somewhere to avoid the numerous emails. I like having the watch list, but i do not want my inbox filled with thread notifications!

(see this thread!)
Getting a bit complex ... although undoubtedly achievable, I'm sure.

But why don't you want to know about the new posts?
And it's taking me 3 seconds to delete them anyway ... :wink:

What I'd really like is the ability to clean up the mahoosive list of "My Posts" ... like to be able to delete the Thread that contains that one careless and pointless contribution to an idiots' discussion whilst pi66ed ... that now [and forever] pops up as one of "My Posts" ... :oops:
 
#16
blue-sophist said:
SkiCarver said:
Is there an option somewhere to avoid the numerous emails. I like having the watch list, but i do not want my inbox filled with thread notifications!

(see this thread!)
Getting a bit complex ... although undoubtedly achievable, I'm sure.

But why don't you want to know about the new posts?
And it's taking me 3 seconds to delete them anyway ... :wink:

What I'd really like is the ability to clean up the mahoosive list of "My Posts" ... like to be able to delete the Thread that contains that one careless and pointless contribution to an idiots' discussion whilst pi66ed ... that now [and forever] pops up as one of "My Posts" ... :oops:
Amen to that Brother.
 
#17
Ozduke said:
blue-sophist said:
What I'd really like is the ability to clean up the mahoosive list of "My Posts" ... like to be able to delete the Thread that contains that one careless and pointless contribution to an idiots' discussion whilst pi66ed ... that now [and forever] pops up as one of "My Posts" ... :oops:
Amen to that Brother.
Hummmmmmm!
While I applaud the effort blue_sophist has made in the "Begging bowl" and related threads, I doubt anyone would miss the other 15,000 posts.

I like quality, not quantity.
I see spreading oneself too thin as a serious weakness.
Give me bernoulli's posts anyday.
3,000+ posts in 4+ years.
And every one an absolute gem.
 
#18
bovvy said:
Ozduke said:
blue-sophist said:
What I'd really like is the ability to clean up the mahoosive list of "My Posts" ... like to be able to delete the Thread that contains that one careless and pointless contribution to an idiots' discussion whilst pi66ed ... that now [and forever] pops up as one of "My Posts" ... :oops:
Amen to that Brother.
Hummmmmmm!
While I applaud the effort blue_sophist has made in the "Begging bowl" and related threads, I doubt anyone would miss the other 15,000 posts.

I like quality, not quantity.
I see spreading oneself too thin as a serious weakness.
Give me bernoulli's posts anyday.
3,000+ posts in 4+ years.
And every one an absolute gem.
you want yourself a bit of bernoulli I take it. :wink:
 
#19
SkiCarver said:
you want yourself a bit of bernoulli I take it. :wink:
No. Not at all.
In fact, I have absolutely no interest in the individuals behind the posts on forums.
But I do enjoy posts that are thought-provoking or hilarious.
And bernoulli's spring to mind on both counts.
 
#20
bovvy said:
SkiCarver said:
you want yourself a bit of bernoulli I take it. :wink:
No. Not at all.
In fact, I have absolutely no interest in the individuals behind the posts on forums.
I'm going to be crying in my pillow tonight! :wink:

bovvy said:
But I do enjoy posts that are thought-provoking or hilarious.
So my inane drivel and purile attempts at humour don't do it for you then?!

p.s. bernoulli has done some excellent posts though, but don't tell him i said so.

p.p.s, (ski sniggers at the thought of all those who chose to 'watch' this thread as a test, having to deal with my drivelsome posts. :D )

edited for having a winking twitch.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top