New Site Feature - ARRSE Blog .....

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, May 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

By popular demand.... ok because I wondered if anyone might use it ... we now have ARRSE Blogs. Don't know what one is then click here and get started.
  2. Bad CO

Just to let everyone know that we are actively working to get these back on with much improved resistance to spamming and better navigation. Hopefully they should be up again within the next week or so ........

...... LuckyJim please come back!
  3. Many thanks to the COs for this development.

Just a thought... since the blogs have been off line for a while and people have dropped out of the habit of looking in, could we make their rebirth announcement into a sticky on this thread, at least for a little while?

If it means trouble then please don't bother, but I'd like to kick-start the renaissance of the blogs for my own (purely selfish) reasons.
  4. One of the most useful features of the old blogs was the facility to leave comments, this is now not possible which is a shame. Also I double posted a blog and even as the author I can't delete it
  5. Yes, I was wondering about blog comments (or the lack of them). One of the blog entries I posted after they became available again attracted three comments, but none of my subsequent ones did.

Of course that might be because they were so boring that they attracted no interest whatsoever. A sobering thought.

I also managed to post a comment on someone else's blog but that was a while ago. As a test, I've just commented on on polar69's latest entry but only after some difficulty.
  6. Bad CO

I agree that posting comments is not immediately intuitive - why not ask the blogs module author for this feature. He can be found here
  7. Thank you BCO, I have done that.The author tells me that a new release is imminent in which posting comments will be easier.

Just one small further request; can we have a blog icon back on the index page of ARRSE (and Rear Party, if that's not too much trouble).
  8. Bad CO

Thanks for you comments on Phoenix's site - he's a really good bloke who is really helpful so its good to keep him on side.

Unfortunately we've decided not to have links to specific parts of the site (such as the blogs) on the front page. It was getting untidy so we've gone for the top drop down menu instead. I know the blogs aren't getting the traffic that they once did but hopefully the mod to the blogs module that puts them on the forum will help that?
  9. When will some of you numb-nuts get the idea of Blogs.

"Hi, I'm just here for a bit of fun" is not a Blog. Nor is telling me (in one line) that your Married Quarter rent has gone up.

If you want to tell us that, that is what the forums are for. Blogs are there to inform, or amuse us. To tell us what is going on in your life. To tell us a story maybe. Think of them as a newspaper column, written by us. Not a flippin' one line piece of cr@p that interests no-one!
  10. COs,

You might already know about this but I thought I should alert you to this screen message. I got it when I tried to access the blogs a couple of minutes ago.

'This module is not correctly installed, the files are version 9.1.3, but the database is version 9.1.1'

Thanks again to Phoenix for reinstating this section of the site.
  11. Bad CO

I know - I'm working on it but thanks for letting me know!
  12. Bad CO

Now sorted!
  13. Deleted due to tired-induced incompitance!!
  14. Well, going off a thread in your honour why don't you write your own blog then? A stage by stage blog of your transformation from bloke to Hayley?
  15. If anyone really wants the story, then I'll write it. I don't presume to think though that anyone is that interested, or wants all the details. I stand ready to be corrected.