New Singapore Army TV Commercials

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Scabster_Mooch, Sep 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, I know there is a sticky on "videos of armed forces around the world", but I felt that since these are TV commercials and are, imo, very well done, they deserve a thread of their own.

Mods, if you disagree, then merge/delete/etc or whatever it is that MODs do. :)

Anyway, I think the Ads are very well done. Makes me wonder why the British Army doesn't come up with excellent ads like this? (Imo, they make the "forward as one" ads look amateurish. :?

Live to be Your Best

Breaking New Ground

After the video starts playing, I find it best to click pause to let the video load for a minute or two before letting it play again.
  2. Agreed, I always thought the SAF TV adverts were very well done and wondered whether they'd work over here. British Armed Forces adverts tend to play to the theme that would-be squaddies need to be lured by the 'exciting' adventurous training and non-work aspects of the Army, but in the same way that every soldier secretly loves a parade, I've thought that the adverts should at least give a nod to patriotism and those 'untrendy' things that maybe a 15-20 years-old lad might not discuss with his mates but might feel inside.

One thing I don't miss about Singas TV are the little green men popping up for exercise alerts! :roll: :D
  3. Are you talking about the Army or the RN? :twisted:
  4. :lol:
  5. very much aimed at the far-eastern 'psyche' IMO and wouldn't work in the UK very well
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Hey - it worked for me 8) Mind you I was born in Singapore :wink:
  7. perhaps ours could be called "Breaking New Wind" with a soundtrack from Spinal Tap song "Break Like the Wind" and feature the sounds and smells and ribaldry of the lines (in barracks) after lots of brown ale the night before and beans for breakfast.........
  8. I don't know about that. In comparison, the 'Forward as one' p*sh, just pales into insignificance. These ads are far better made and more emotive. Maybe a change in direction is needed. The current British ones are rubbish.
  9. hmm, just watched the second one, wonderful bunching up, and great silhouette against the sky line guys....ratatatatatatatatat....bye
  10. I'm sold, can I transfer?

Was it me or did that sattelite thing look awefully like the bad guys sattelite in James Bond? (The Korean chaps that has plastic surgery to look like a Westerner sattelite, can't think of the films name).
  11. Good sheite.However back in my day,they didnt need hi tech multi sensory mood altering million dollar PR campaigns to get the youth to sign up.

Me, I was hooked with "listen,you sign that contract, your criminal record will be wiped off the books.Think about it." At 17 that was music to my ears.

Real glad I signed it.
  12. oh fer'fcks sake!!, do you lot want black beauty running along with you too?

(how about a sepia backdrop?)
  13. Nah, just the horse.
  14. spoof ARRSE advert!