New Service Dress

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by bar_stool, Oct 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A friend of mine is going to RMAS in Feb on the next PQO course and has to turn up with service dress etc ready to go. I advised her to hold off buying new service dress, as it was all going to be issued anyway.
    Does anyone know if, and when, the new service dress will actually be issued to officers, or will Goldings and friends just start selling it in lieu of the old one?
  2. New Service Dress will not be issued to AMS for some considerable time. Your friend should go to one of the Corps appointed tailors and get measured. All tailors should be making the new pattern service dress as of now. There are no changes to the clothing allowance etc at present. NB if your friend is a female QARANC officer, the new dress regs will require her to wear a Sam Browne belt with the new pattern service dress. She will be measured for this after arrival for the induction phase.
  3. Just a point when did any AMS Officer wear anything vaguely resembling issed uniform
  4. Thank you. So it is safe to say that there is no point in buying second hand service dress?
  5. she may be able to pick one up thats in excellent condition from the shop at Keogh Bks. Call the AMS museum for details of who to ring. I dont want to give his name and number out on here or in a PM to someone I dont know.
  6. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

You seem to know a bit about this so I'd be grateful if you have anymore info. Is there anywhere which lays down a timetable for new service dress or what is going on ? All I have heard is a new service dress will be 'issued' to officers starting in 09 ? Does this mean we no longer have to buy service dress or not ? Or is it that there is a new pattern coming out and we will eventually all have to buy new ? Grateful for any advice/ground truth. Thanks.
  7. But presumably not many sets of the new pattern which, if the tailors are already producing them, everyone else will have?
  8. If the new service dress isnt in until sometime in 2009 and your friend joins prior to that then surely they will have grandfather rights on their existing service dress that they will have to have on day one of Sandhurst.