New Service dress

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by walting_matilda, Mar 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I heard that the old No.2 are being discontinued and a new design will replace it. What does it look like?

2. It's Pink, and the trousers have a hole cut in the back to make life easier for the RSM.

3. Your's might be :wink:

4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

5. So what happens to the sam brown?

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Sam Brown looks good to me:

[​IMG]

Unlike Sam Browne of the belt fame:

[​IMG]

7. I imagine the new service dress will be remarkably similar to the uniform of the new United States of Europe Armed Forces. Another, albeit small, nail in the coffin of our independence.

8. how do u put pics on threads?

9. Yes,Yes Ive heard it all before,
    Imagine 1975 me going to QM for new no 2 dress as mine was far too small for me as I had it issued NINE years before as a boy Soldier, was told by said QM that " as the no 2 dress uniform was being phased out He would or could not issue me with a new on.
    I actually carried my no 2 ´s in the boot of my car until demob in 1977 two years later. Apparently one could get "A New no2 dress" for a bottle of Asbach brandy or 400 Embassy, A Jersey heavy wool cost 20DM, a pair of boots cost about 10DM at the time, Store man got put away as far as I know... :twisted: :twisted: