New Scotland Yard to be sold

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Kromeriz, Oct 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Slipper of Islington, Doesn't have the same ring as Slipper of the Yard though.
  2. I've been inside NSY (on official business, I hasten to add) numerous times and with a few exceptions, it's an absolute dump. In any case, the Met have moved a significant amount of their support functions to the Empress State Building in Olympia and their operational functions to Cobalt Square in Vauxhall.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

If they call it New New Scotland Yard he'd still be Slipper of the Yard.

4. Islington?

So its Slipper of the Yardies then?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I am ******* gutted. Bastards.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bouillabaisse

You went to the whole rigmarole of joining just to tell us that? At least explain who the bastards are. The list on arrse is long and distinguished.
  7. Well I never liked you for a start, you shortarse ginger four eyed Welsh git. Now step aside and let the bastards show their sallow fish faces.

******* Welsh. Sell Scotland Yard will you?
  8. They've already done so with their PCSO's (or was it Lagos?)
  9. Bouillabaisse

Why shouldn't the government sell it? The people in it have been selling themselves for years.

And I'm not a bastard. I'm a ****.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Then maybe it will be flip flop of Mumbai.......

Sent from me in the taxi
  11. Christ knows who advises The Met on property matters. They were still occupying Tintagel House in Vauxhall when the Empress deal was struck, the general idea at the time being that they could decant to West London.

It was then realised that they'd have to undertake quite a schedule of delapidations on Tintagel to return it to the owners. That took an extra few years of rent plus the cost of the 'repairs' to the M&E and internal infrastructure of the building. In fact as I recall there was an extension of the lease to accommodate this scenario. Tintagel was a particularly dull working environment for those who had to operate out of it. Decent spot on the river though and from the street windows you could watch Geoffrey Archer take his latest muse off to the Lavender.

I'll surmise there'll be a few departments politicing to be located at Cobalt as opposed to Hammersmith.
  12. Where are they moving all the skeletons in cupboards and 'accidentally' lost documents to?
  13. Will they new HQ be known as New, New Scotland Yard