New scam email chaps

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by WindowlickingLoggyP, Jan 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a non-victim of such scams, would it be wrong of me to claim my repayment?

------

ZENITH BANK PLC
    ZENITH BANK/UNITED NATIONS 2008/09 SCAM VICTIMS COMPENSATIONS
    PAYMENTS.
    DIRECTOR

ATTN: SIR/MADAM,

SCAMMED VICTIMs/ $100,000 BENEFICIARIES.
    REF/PAYMENTS CODE: ZENB/06654 $100,000 USD.

This is to bring to your notice that we are delegated from
    the UNITED NATIONS in Central Bank to pay 150 victims of
    scam $100,000 USD (One Hundred Thousand Dollars) each. You
    are listed and approved for this payment as one of the
    scammed victims to be paid this amount, get back to this
    office as soon as possible for the immediate payments of
    your $100,000 USD compensations funds.

On this faithful recommendations, want you to know that
    during the last U.N. meetings held at Abuja, Nigeria, it was
    alarming on the money lost by various individuals to the
    scams artists operating in syndicates all over the world
    today. In other to compensate victims, the UNITED NATIONS
    Body is now paying 150 victims $100,000 USD each in
    accordance with the UNITED NATIONS recommendations. Due to
    the corrupt and inefficient Banking Systems in Nigeria, the
    payments are to be paid by Central Bank of Nigeria as
    corresponding paying bank under funding assistance by The
    Rabo Bank, based in London UK. for funds remittance.
    Benefactor of this compensation will have to be first
    cleared and recommended for payment by ZENITH BANK PLC.

According to the number of applicants at hand, 114
    Beneficiaries has been paid, over a half of the victims are
    from the United States, we still have a pending of 36
    compensations left to be paid. Your particulars was
    mentioned by one of the Syndicates who was arrested as one
    of their victims of the operations, you are hereby warned
    not to communicate or duplicate this message to him for any
    reason what so ever as the U.S. secret service is already on
    trace of the other criminals. So keep it secret till they
    are all apprehended. Other victims who have not been
    contacted can submit their application as well for scrutiny
    and possible consideration

To enable your compensation to be processed, you are
    required to make available
    the below requirements which enables the prompt payment of
    your COMPENSATION to this office
    Email:compensation.releasedept@gmail.com

1. Full Names:
    2. Date Of Birth:
    3. Telephone Number:
    4. Total Amount Defrauded (For record keep):
    5.Any Mode of identification (Drivers License or work ID)
    6. Payment Option (WIRE TRANSFER OR CHECK/DRAFT):
    NOTE: You are to take note of option 1&6 respectively.

On the provision of the requirements, your will be processed
    on your
    payment option and remitted to you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully,
    james wale
    ZENITHBANK/UNITED NATIONS 2008/09 COMPENSATION

NOTE: The UN/Nigerian Government will decline any other
    complains of scam
    should you fall victim again after this compensations is
    paid and transferred to you.

2. Forget it, chum.. the FBI world affairs division is paying me $ 80 MILLION in compensation for my being deceived by fraudsters.. you're being gypped...$ 100,000 is peanuts..

besides, you'll only be asked by the people from Nigeria to donate it to the Nigerian Relief of Haiti Fund now being touted across the world wide weeb to help the unfortunates there..

and don't hold your breath waiting for the cheque or money transfer,.. the same bunch [ Zenith Bank ] still owe me millions from the e-mail lottery win that Coca Cola was supposed to pay me...

Come to think of it.. the FBI money is a bit late in coming, too..

3. Why do people always feel the need to put scam emails on ARRSE?

4. Just look here. 419 Eater and have a browse through the hall of shame and letters pages.

I just hope the 10% of the 4.6 Billion US Dollars i was promised never gets drawn into this type of scandal though. I cant wait.

• Like Like x 1
  5. To warn people like you.

6. Even I'm not that speshul

7. Well why do you get that bus to the Speshul skool

8. I like to laugh at retards. They brighten up an otherwise dreary morning.

And they put out

9. Maybe Paw Broone knows about this..... :D :)

Good Day!

Kindly read below and confirm if you are interested to strike the deal with me.

The sum of Twenty Five Billion Pounds Only (GBP25,000,000,000.00) has been diverted to an
    anonymous Bank as a result of Failed Northern Rock Bank in UK . These FUNDS in question is
    currently waiting to be transferred to a confident account oversees. I am thereof seeking
    for a Partner that can be used as the BENEFICIARY of the said funds for speedy transfer of
    the funds without delay. If you are interested to partner with me in this offer, feel free
    to email me your Private Telephone Numbers for further discussion of this offer in full
    details. Our mode of sharing is 60:40.Finally,this transaction is risk free and has no
    legal implication attached and will provide you the detail road map on how this deal will
    be transacted following the receipt of your positive response on this subject matter.

Thank you.

Respectfully Yours,
    Fernando Armando

Oh... I do wish...... :p

10. Cheers cunt face; now I have to type out a whole new one. Thanks a billion

11. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Why has someone who posted a whopping 11 times in 10 months bothered posting a generic spam email on an Army - themed website?

12. New players on the market.. Offshore spammers.. Nigeria must be getting too expensive to operate..like America getting their crap made in China.. spammers are now moving to cheaper e-mail spots on the www.

From Suzan and Williams/Appeal for Assistance.
    Dearest One,
    We are Suzan and Williams Alfarouk from Sierra Leone.We are writing you from Rep of Cote 'Ivoire where we have been taking refuge after the brutal war and murder of our perants by the rebels during the renewed fighting in our country. Because of the war our late Father sold his shipping company and took us to a nearby country Cote d'Ivoire where he deposited US$18, 300, 000.00 Million in his foreign account with one of the bank here in Cote d'Ivoire Pls, we got your profile from militaryspot.net and due to the courrent political sutuation in Ivory Coast we are seeking for your assistance to transfer this Money and also relocate to your country to further our study and we are willing to offer you 15% of the total sum for your help. Please,Kindly contact us on this e-mail addresse (sualfarouk2009@yahoo.com) for more details.
    Best Regard
    Suzan and Williams.

13. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

A new one, and this one I'd be proud to have invented. If anyone anywhere in the world responds to this then it is proof that they are just too damn stupid to possess money:

I pray that this email reaches you in the best of health. This letter may come to you as asurprise due to the fact that we have not yet met. The message could be strange but it’s real and you will realise this if you pay some attention to it. I want to notify you about it at least for the sake of your integrity.
    My name is Major Greg Boner Moyo, a direct and only remaining member of the wealthy Moyo family. I am an astronaut with the South African Air Force and on loan to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
    In 2003 I left earth aboard the Mars Rover, Spirit. Seven months later I arrived on Mars.Prior to departing earth, I deposited the amount of US$ 11,600,000 (Eleven million, six hundred thousand United States dollars) in four safety galvanized boxes in a European financial institution which will be disclosed to you upon your acceptance of my proposal.
    Last year, during the course of my research on Mars, I was ambushed by a group of analdwelling rebel Martians who inflicted great torturous pain upon my body with anal probes.
    After a few weeks of enduring the physical pain, they released me. As a direct result of this cruelty, I am now very ill with a ruptured uterus that has defiled all forms of medical treatment and which has been deemed to be inoperable by my Martian surgeons. I am writing this mail to you on a laptop from my hospital bed in the Martian capitol of Zhwrong.
    I now have but a few weeks to live and I am far too ill to endure the long and arduous journey back to my South Africa home. Therefore I have decided to donate the bulk of my fortune to a church or charitable organisation that will utilize this money in the manner which I shall impart to you later. In return for your assistance, I shall authorise you to keep 30% of this fund for your trouble and aggravation plus an additional 10% to cover your expenses.
    You should contact my attorney in Johannesburg immediately with your address andtelephone number and he will give you his full contact information and guidance so that we can make arrangements as soon as possible.
    Contact Barrister Richard Hardon Baloye
    Barristers & Solicitors,
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Email:rev.georgeharris2@live.com
    Sincerely yours,
    Major Greg Boner Moyo,
    National Aeronautics and Space Administration
    Elysium Veterinary Infirmary
    Zhwrong, Mars
    Nano nano

I particularly like the Nano Nano bit at the bottom. That Pam Dawber was very nice indeed back in the day.

Original link:
    English Russia » Martian Scam

14. I love the Martian 419 scam. Yet who would fall for that? After all there are only two Seffrican astronauts, Mike Melvill and Mark Shuttleworth. Neither are military astronauts and neither have been to Mars.

Sometimes I despair of these 419-ers, they just didn't do the research on what was otherwise a really believable story.

15. o look................... my dog is sleeping