New SAS Sig Sqn?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Jul 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well it makes sense and I already know have a good idea in which (northern) cities it would be based.

I'd bet on 42/49/2/61.

Odds on 42 at the mo but.... 49 (SAS) not related to 49 Para

2. I won't go into details as why its required but the reasons seemed justifiable

3. It might do but your paragraph don't!!! Are you on about an existing Sqn being re-rolled?

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

OK - Breaking NEWS!

I've heard something somewhere about (sshhhh) THEM, and it's really interesting and it's happening . . . soon!

I'm afraid that's all I can tell you because it's very hush-hush, so just, hush; you ain't seen me, right?

5. Give the guy a break. If he tells us he'll only have to kill us, so polar is just sparing our lives.

6. In Polar's defence, it was mentioned to me last year, by someone currently serving in 63, that there were plans to expand the unit. For obvious reasons, he would'nt tell me anything else except that it would take a while and that exactly where the new unit would be based had not been decided.

7. In the middle of an Industrial estate, miles from the town centre, with no buses after 6pm and no other TAC for miles to help/poach?

Or am I guessing :)

8. This wins 'Pointless Thread Of The Month' hands down.

9. Is this the moderators - Can't be arrsed to press delete so I'll try and kill the thread another way approach?

From what I've heard everything makes sense, certain skills are wanted and the areas of Manchester/Leeds/Edinburgh/Dundee can provide them (in the North).

To me it seems odd that the TA Sigs is being asked to provide soldiers at the high and low end - not touching the mainstream middle ground.

10. Wish they'd move closer to me.....

11. Seconded! :D

12. No it seems to be a post of someone saying "I know something about THEM, but obviously I can't tell you anything, but I know, you know"

13. No I think this is the mods way of saying stop posting bollocks. Giving it the nudge, nudge, wink wink say no more routine.

Let me illustrate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT3_UCm1A5I

14. Sorry if it sounds that way, not my intention. Just after info and not wanting to fall foul of the moderators.

Anyway its going to based in Lenton, Nottingham.

15. Still no good for me...

Oh well - I'll just have to wait until they set up SRR Reserve! :lol: