New SAS Sig Sqn?

Well it makes sense and I already know have a good idea in which (northern) cities it would be based.

I'd bet on 42/49/2/61.

Odds on 42 at the mo but.... 49 (SAS) not related to 49 Para

polar said:
Well it makes sense and I already know have a good idea in which (northern) cities it would be based.

I'd bet on 42/49/2/61.

Odds on 42 at the mo but.... 49 (SAS) not related to 49 Para
It might do but your paragraph don't!!! Are you on about an existing Sqn being re-rolled?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
OK - Breaking NEWS!

I've heard something somewhere about (sshhhh) THEM, and it's really interesting and it's happening . . . soon!

I'm afraid that's all I can tell you because it's very hush-hush, so just, hush; you ain't seen me, right?

In Polar's defence, it was mentioned to me last year, by someone currently serving in 63, that there were plans to expand the unit. For obvious reasons, he would'nt tell me anything else except that it would take a while and that exactly where the new unit would be based had not been decided.

Werewolf said:
In Polar's defence, it was mentioned to me last year, by someone currently serving in 63, that there were plans to expand the unit. For obvious reasons, he would'nt tell me anything else except that it would take a while and that exactly where the new unit would be based had not been decided.
In the middle of an Industrial estate, miles from the town centre, with no buses after 6pm and no other TAC for miles to help/poach?

Or am I guessing :)

Proximo said:
This wins 'Pointless Thread Of The Month' hands down.
Is this the moderators - Can't be arrsed to press delete so I'll try and kill the thread another way approach?

From what I've heard everything makes sense, certain skills are wanted and the areas of Manchester/Leeds/Edinburgh/Dundee can provide them (in the North).

To me it seems odd that the TA Sigs is being asked to provide soldiers at the high and low end - not touching the mainstream middle ground.

polar said:
Proximo said:
Is this the moderators - Can't be arrsed to press delete so I'll try and kill the thread another way approach?

From what I've heard everything makes sense, certain skills are wanted and the areas of Manchester/Leeds/Edinburgh/Dundee can provide them (in the North).

To me it seems odd that the TA Sigs is being asked to provide soldiers at the high and low end - not touching the mainstream middle ground.
No it seems to be a post of someone saying "I know something about THEM, but obviously I can't tell you anything, but I know, you know"

polar said:
Proximo said:

No I think this is the mods way of saying stop posting bollocks. Giving it the nudge, nudge, wink wink say no more routine.

Let me illustrate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT3_UCm1A5I

Cpt_Darling said:
No it seems to be a post of someone saying "I know something about THEM, but obviously I can't tell you anything, but I know, you know"
Sorry if it sounds that way, not my intention. Just after info and not wanting to fall foul of the moderators.

Anyway its going to based in Lenton, Nottingham.

polar said:
Cpt_Darling said:
Sorry if it sounds that way, not my intention. Just after info and not wanting to fall foul of the moderators.

Still no good for me...

Oh well - I'll just have to wait until they set up SRR Reserve! :lol:

Werewolf said:
Polar said:
Still no good for me...

Oh well - I'll just have to wait until they set up SRR Reserve! :lol:
Reading some comments on the TA Review thread, that makes complete sense. I was surprised to comments from TA Infantry on the integration TA SF/Para's with their regular counterparts. An extra TA Para/SRR Bn? I reckon the investment would be paid back.

Back to a new SAS Sig Sqn, I don't know what they've provided on Ops but seeing 1 reg Sig Sqn supports 22 SAS. It would make sense to have 2 Sig Sqn supporting 21 & 23, I mentioned Nottingham(/Sheffield) as their appears to be no SF component in the East(/North) Midlands but the large urban areas further North would be an obvious alternative (Liverpool/Manchester).

p.s. If you know what regiment I'm in, please don't think I'm posting official rumour, its mainly conjecture