• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

New SAS Regiment to be Based in Yorkshire

I saw this and must admit I was surprised. Hanging around for a bit and sure as eggs is eggs, out walks this bloke with black nasty across his face.

I am of Yorkshire blood and long not understood why the SAS did not recruit solely from Yorkshire for obvious reasons. Now when I saw this I though 'crackin job'. Full marks for the multi cultural approach of the MoD. Used to get hacked off seeing signs in Welsh and English, but now seeing it in Yorkshire makes sense.

Attachments

Last edited:
I saw this and must admit I was surprised. Hanging around for a bit and sure as eggs is eggs, out walks this bloke with blast nasty across his face.

I am of Yorkshire blood and long not understood why the SAS did not recruit solely from Yorkshire for obvious reasons. Now when I saw this I though 'crackin job'. Full marks for the multi cultural approach of the MoD. Used to get hacked off seeing signs in Welsh and English, but now seeing it in Yorkshire makes sense.
You lost me at "I". I assume the eggs weighed around 65,000 tonne?

As this is not the NAAFI I must be careful of what I say, gonads you vagina. (Might get away with that, if not ROP's)

Yorkshire? Cue bigotry and ignorance {straight talking), straight talking bigotry (ignorance) and domestic violence.

But tough as they are, they're still mummy's boys. :D

Where else to have a Blade squadron than Sheffield?

Presumably Yorkshire (a.k.a. God's County, especially the North Riding) was chosen as it's nearer the Wall than Creadon Hill. If the Jockanese do decide on independence it would be handy in case the bastards start reiving again.

(Yes, I know Newcastle is closer, but they're ersatz Jocks anyway so can't be trusted, the Geordie Bastards).

SAS Regiment to be Based in Yorkshire?

At first, I thought it was because the Welsh were about to have their own independence referendum, like moving the bombers from Faslane; but then I realised it wouldn't be practical. Pen-y-Fan is bad enough, but have you seen the Yorks Dales? No-one would ever pass selection again.

To say nothing of moving the pads to Sheffield. The area around Hereford and Credenhill would be an abandoned desert.

E

EScotia

I saw this and must admit I was surprised. Hanging around for a bit and sure as eggs is eggs, out walks this bloke with blast nasty across his face.

What's blast nasty :?

Lord Geoffrey Boycott, 1st Lord of Headingly wants to raise an elite fighting unit in the county.
As everyone knows Yorkshiremen are the best in the land so that's why the SAS(Yorkshire) are being raised.
They will be known as 24th Special Air Service Regiment ("The Yorkshire Own")
Selection will only be from those born in the county & will run selection twice a year.
Lord Boycott will be the Colonel in Chief & HQ will be at Headingly

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It makes sense to have an element of 'THEM' in Sheffield to give protection to the Great Leader, Nick Clegg!

Where else to have a Blade squadron than Sheffield?

Presumably Yorkshire (a.k.a. God's County, especially the North Riding) was chosen as it's nearer the Wall than Creadon Hill. If the Jockanese do decide on independence it would be handy in case the bastards start reiving again.

(Yes, I know Newcastle is closer, but they're ersatz Jocks anyway so can't be trusted, the Geordie Bastards).
I am from the West Riding but when Pakistan and India moved in, I moved out:p