New Safe

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Porridge_gun, Sep 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Am looking for a new rifle safe, in particular the Brattonsound RL7+

Its to fit a scoped No4, 2 Carbines and a No3..... at the minute, but am shopping :)

I have a separate pistol cabinet so the locking top is purely for Ammunition and bolts.

Best price I've found is £257 inc VAT and delivery.

Does anyone know of an equally good safe or more reasonable price for a legal and quality gun safe?

2. that seems very reasonable do you have a link

3. The RL7s are good safes; you can get about 16 Enfields stacked top-to-toes with bolts open, but the thick door eventually limits your space if your collection starts to .. expand.

I started with one RL7, then bought another. Then I moved onto the twin-lock Brattonsounds, as the doors are single skin. As my Enfield addiction got a little bit out of hand (250+...) I ended up simply trawling eBay for large single-skin cabinets. There always seem to be some decent spacious cabinets up for grabs from closing shops or RFDs.

4. Porridge_gun

Cheers 4(T) oddly, my inbound new toy is a 4(T) so assume they are plenty deep enough for this rifle and three or four others?

5. Havent looked for a while but the BSA safes were very good value and more spacious than brattons.

They look nicer too.

6. Not a bad price, but are you sure it's big enough? When I bought mine I was advised to buy the biggest cabinet I could afford as collections tend to grow....

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I seem to get second hand brattonsounds, the double lock ones for about £50 each in the friday ad. I have a few of them, one isnt in use at the mo but its promised to a mate should he need it! I havent needed to buy any for a while as sales seem to be outpacing purchases at the moment! 10 cabinets in the gun room at the moment! The BOXX ones seem to last well!

8. Porridge_gun

I ended up going for a 9 gun one, oops.

I ordered it just after I discovered you could buy a straight pull LMT :D

9. Do you remove the foam spacers to fit them all in?
    I have my initial FEO meeting next month for first FAC and was just discussing cabinets on the phone with him. Mine's going on its back bolted to the floor so the double lock, single-skin type from either Brattonsound or DJS seem my best bet.

10. Sorry to jump off thread, but I move back to the UK next year when my time is up and I was toying with the idea of joining a gun club. I was looking at small bore as there is a club in my area but I had no idea you could own full bore rifles like the LMT in UK. I hadn't really looked at full bore at all so I'll have to change what I'm looking at after looking at the North West Custom web site. They look the business. My wife is going to go spare.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Porridge_gun

Where are the 5.56 ones please mate?

12. It's North West Custom Parts as well.

Straight pull : LMT .223

13. you could have a set of matching LMTs, a semi-auto .22LR and straight pulls in 5.56 and 7.62

nice.

• Like Like x 1