New SA Reserve Force unit names

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The Winnie Mandela Mounted Foot. (Necklacing a speciality) ;)
No, it's the Winnie Mandela Mounted Every Footlong in Soweto.
(Pearlnecklacing a speciality. )

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
New units allegedly to be names after such great leaders as:
Frederik Willem de Klerk, Marais Viljoen & Charles Robberts Swart of a bygone era

Sad to see some old names go, will the Solomon Mahlangu Regiment be kilted I wonder?

Sad news indeed, we face the same in the British Army in the future as words like 'Rifles' or 'Guards' or even the word 'Royal' become offensive to the ever increasing Lefty Snowflakes in modern society, and they try to 'correct' things and over-write history as they have in SA under the guise of 'Affirmative Action'.

These are sad times for the South African Army, and the nation as a whole.

Sad news indeed, we face the same in the British Army in the future as words like 'Rifles' or 'Guards' or even the word 'Royal' become offensive to the ever increasing Lefty Snowflakes in modern society, and they try to 'correct' things and over-write history as they have in SA under the guise of 'Affirmative Action'.

These are sad times for the South African Army, and the nation as a whole.
Cape Town Rifles to Chief Langalibalele Rifles

This is quite contentious - the CTR are known as the Dukes' - after a previous Duke of Edinburgh.
Imagine the outcry if the push through the name change before Phil pops his clogs?
(apparently the mess silver an other momentoes are 'disappearing' already, expropriated by members who don't want to see it nicked by the new incumbents)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
New units allegedly to be names after such great leaders as:
Frederik Willem de Klerk, Marais Viljoen & Charles Robberts Swart of a bygone era
How the fcuk you lump Flat Wheel in with the other Rocks I'll never know.

I wonder when they will be changing the name of these... Do you think I send all of mine back to be re-minted?

View attachment 409245

Should I stock up on Boerwors before those change as well?
Gold is gold and a Krugerrand is eminently spendable, just as it is. A feller always has a little bit of gold and silver salted away for a rainy day. :-D

LD17

Old-Salt
This one surprised me:
Regiment Westelike Provinsie to General Jan Smuts Regiment (GJSR)
Yeah I thought all the “Afrikaner” Regts were done for..........I figured most of the “traditional” Regts would be spared........but who are we kidding. It looks like they are headed down the same road as Rhodesia.........I have a feeling that I may see a Afrikaner holocaust in my lifetime too. I hope I’m wrong....

How the fcuk you lump Flat Wheel in with the other Rocks I'll never know.
True. Widely considered a sellout. This is a man who braais on his own and cries into his krummelpap (being a Capie and thus unable to digest sadza).

Yeah I thought all the “Afrikaner” Regts were done for..........I figured most of the “traditional” Regts would be spared........but who are we kidding. It looks like they are headed down the same road as Rhodesia.........I have a feeling that I may see a Afrikaner holocaust in my lifetime too. I hope I’m wrong....
Won't just be Afrikaners. Plenty of English speaking Saffers in the same boat.

This one surprised me:
Regiment Westelike Provinsie to General Jan Smuts Regiment (GJSR)
Aaah yes.
Old Jannie Smuts.
There used to be an airport named after him, y'know.
And in the same week as they are renaming Regiments as SMUTS, in another sphere...

8 August:
- Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi says the renaming of schools named after controversial pre-democracy leaders is forging ahead.
The process to rename schools like Hoërskool Hendrik Verwoerd and General Smuts High School is ongoing.
Lesufi says this will help towards building a new South Africa.
The MEC adds that consultations to reach a suitable name are fair and inclusive.

Arse and elbow

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Aaah yes.
Old Jannie Smuts.
There used to be an airport named after him, y'know.
And in the same week as they are renaming Regiments as SMUTS, in another sphere...
There still is if you speak to most pilots.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Gold is gold and a Krugerrand is eminently spendable, just as it is. A feller always has a little bit of gold and silver salted away for a rainy day. :-D
I add 4 to the collection every year. I have at least 4 (have bought extra proofs when I have "good years") from every year all the way back to the year of my birth, which just so happens to be the same as the Krugerrand. I "spend" the proofs when I have bad years.

Latest Threads