New Running shoes?

Hello Arrse'rs! I'm guessing you lot can run quite well, rapists etc

Any way. After some running shoes but i have boat feet, Any advice? And is it worth going into He runs-She runs to get measured or is it just a way for them to sell me junk?

Brown issue road slappers is all a man ever needs, and with all the money you save you can buy drink and dismiss all that running malarky.
the only time you ever need to run is when a lion or suchlike is chasing you.
running for pleasure?? it's not natural I tell you.

If you can get some, try Brooks Beasts (the originals) - they were the staple of 5AB Bde and could take a fair bit of punishment before losing their "bounce".

I know an updated model are available but I haven't given them a go yet as I've a pair of Asics with only 5500 miles on them.

Brown issue road slappers is all a man ever needs, and with all the money you save you can buy drink and dismiss all that running malarky.
the only time you ever need to run is when a lion or suchlike is chasing you.
running for pleasure?? it's not natural I tell you.
You never got issued road slappers, did you?

IIRC They were either black or white, not brown.

Old sweat walt? :)

If you have a bit of cash to spend, go for inov8s. I swear by them, their off road shoes are fantastic ( mudroc / mudclaw).

Z

Zarathustra

I'd advice going to a "proper" running or sports shop, preferably one that does gait analysis, they can video you while running on a machine and then advise what type of trainer you need depending on whether you're neutral or a over or under-pronator. However you might find you pay more for a "decent" pair of trainers, but you will, normally, get what you pay for.

You'll probably be able to pick up a decent bargain if you've got massive hooves and you know what suits you, for example do you need stability or neutral shoes? Look for stuff from last season, mostly it's only the colours that change and if they change anything else they might be ******* them up anyway. So you might as well buy as cheap as you can. I like Adidas Supernova Glides or Asics Gel Nimbus, cushioned shoes for a neutral gait both good but the latter more expensive so I only buy them if they've got a hefty chunk of discount. I'vd used this place and had good service for the past few years.

Training Shoes --- Start Fitness

B

Boozy

I have a pair of asics, seem to be a lot more durable than previous shoes I've had and after bunging them in the washing machine the other day I got asked if I had bought a new pair.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy shoes from some chavvy shop like JJB or Sportsdirect - you will wreck your feet and they'll fall apart anyway.

I have a pair of asics, seem to be a lot more durable than previous shoes I've had and after bunging them in the washing machine the other day I got asked if I had bought a new pair.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy shoes from some chavvy shop like JJB or Sportsdirect - you will wreck your feet and they'll fall apart anyway.
Both JJB and sportsdirect sell asics

Best get a proper job then as i run like i walk

like an ape!!!

And whats with the " five finger" type shoes?!!
I heard they were generally used by people with flat feet? One of my friends has completely flat feet and goes running every other day, kept going barefooted because he had pain in his feet and knees... until his feet were a little shredded and I told him to buy some vibram fivefingers, he says they're amazing, but I wouldn't use them for lack of protection, so it's personal preferance and some hints and tips from a running analyst.

B

Boozy

Both JJB and sportsdirect sell asics
Maybe, but the vast majority of their branded shoes are purely sports fashion trainers that aren't actually any good for doing sports in.

I worked briefly in sportsdirect when I was a kid and the shoe assistants used to joke about how poor the crap they were trying to sell was. Even their actual sports clothes - I wouldn't touch any of it with a barge pole to wear to the gym.

I nearly wrecked my feet in several pairs of nikes and addidas shoes from there. That's not to say there aren't good nike or addidas running shoes - it's just there's a difference between proper running ones and the ones chavs wear to look fashionable.

Go to a running shop or a proper independent sports shop. Yes they will try to push and sell you shoes but at the end of the day you can always say no until you're ready to purchase - and shop around for the best deals (find the model of trainer you want in the shop and compare prices in other shops and online)

Went to get feet measured and had a gait analysis done. Recommended some different types of (very expensive) trainers on the basis of said analysis. One pair were ours for £75!!!!! Went to Sports Direct and found the exact same type of trainers for £50. If you want to avoid injury then its advisable to at least have a gait analysis done. You can then shop around for a pair of trainers based on your gait. Dont let the staff in Sports Direct advise you as most of the staff dont seem to know their arse from their elbow.

And whats with the " five finger" type shoes?!!
I have a pair that I wear for circuits, and in particular weightlifting. In my experience they are only good for short runs (up to 5k) and then only when you are used to them. They are popular with Pose runners. I think over in the states they sell them as "recovery" shoes, make of that what you will.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A The Training Wing 0
Intelligent_Midget Military Clothing & Boots 12
Joshing-lens Health and Fitness 29