New RRS Badge

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Jagythistle, Aug 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone see the new RRS badge being sported by the Castle RSM (through gritted teeth?!) on Reporting Scotland tonight?

Gold Lion Rampant on Saltire with seperate Scottish(?) Queens Crown.

Any chat about it??

2. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Fu ck me thats pretty hideous!

Unlucky the porridge wogs.

3. That badge is Fecking Horrible. What Twat thought of that. What's wrong with the Crucified Moose that we used to wear. :oops: :cry: :evil:

4. Ahh! The Lion Rampant under the heel of the English crown.

Can't understand why they just didn't go for the Order of the Thistle with the 'Lion' as collar dogs.
    I shudder to think what the rest of the uniform will be like.

5. OK, that's officially pretty minging. No problem with concept of a common cap badge, it's a shame that your eye is immediately drawn to the big, shiney, f-off silver Saltire / cross behind it. Crosses in general have a pretty 'negative' image, especially that size..... As Busterdog rightly says, what will the rest of the uniform look like?!

6. It would make an attractive label for a bottle of Beer.

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I suppose its a bit like the London Scottish badge without the thistle reef. It probably won't look so bad when made in white metal and brass but it plastic (or staybright) it looks cheap and taky. When you think of what they have to play with its a pretty poor effort!

8. Why didn't they just weld all the old ones together and see what came out.

That is after all what they did to create the RLC capbadge isn't it?

9. Maybe they will for the Royal Corps of Infantry

10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Understand that one of the problems was most units RHQs involved wanted there own and there was little input (but lots of v emotive arguments) to making up a new badge. Someone (at Edinburgh Castle, I think) who realised that the decison was made and that they had better get on with the fact the RSS was going to happen, no matter what the Save the Regiments campaign thought/bleated, simply drew it up and said "how about that"?

Past by default in place of anything else.

Also heard that the inability to produce enough of the new capbadges in good time is one of the reasons why the original date for SCOTS DIV to start the change over process to the RSS has been shoved to the right. Latest date I have heard is Aug next year.

Anyone else know better?

11. I'd heard (admittedly mostly here!) that the Regiment is forming on St. Andrews day but i don't know when they'll adopt their new Uniform. etc. etc.

On a tangent if recruitment is down 80% for the scots div what is the future of the new Regiment. To keep numbers up will they hav more commonwealth soldiers? Or is there a remote possibility that they realise the best thing to do is keep the origional regiments and revert back to as it was?

Also as scottish papers are saying ifthey are not making concessions on Capbadge what are they going ot be making concessions on?

12. in_the_cheapseats

The word is that all the uniform from the neck down has now been agreed . Don't know what the details are and my sources are keeping mum.

TOS and glengarry types now the issue and the possibility of deferentiation of battalions by different coloured hackles placed behind the capbadge a la RHF style.

13. Why would they change the existing issue TOS?

Save the hackle!

14. in_the_cheapseats

Ah but Argyle colouring or the regular brown? What about BW....? etc etc etc. See what I mean about the endless fun the PTB can have arguing?