New Royal Navy Aircraft Carriers to be made of Lego

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Styron, Mar 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Ministry of Defence confirmed to day that the new Royal Navy Aircraft Carriers would be made of Lego in order to save money.

Gordon Brown has recently praised new lego pfi projects, and there are to be a number of new Lego Hospitals and Schools. The Chancellor has also announced that the new Olympic Stadium in East London, which was to be made of meccano, will also now be made of Lego.

Here's the new lego Aircraft Carriers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That are US Nuclear Carrier, far to big and expensive for UK taxpayer, can we have something a bit smaller and make of possibly paper?

3. At least it'll be easier to break up for scrap....

edited 'cos I'm getting cr@p at spelling!!

4. Well thats impressive! Looks like a/the Nimitz (class) if indeed there is/was such a thing?).

5. I see they have also award them the contract for the new clothing, cbt 2006, a full body armour.

Sparky

6. wish our new ones would have as many A/c as that one!!

and pycrete the ice/wood plup mix is extremly strong i have seen footage of 1kg block of pycrete and 1kg of concrete blown up with the same amount of plastic and the ice stayed where as the concrete was disintergrated!!

7. God no, not a lego Carrier. Lego is a Danish invention, all the Islamic militants will be up in arms and try to sink it!!!!!!! :D

8. aWW MAN I WANT ONE!! lol but hey come on it wont be long before blair builds the ice ship and blames it on the smokers for it not working!

9. Did'nt Mountbatten manage to acidently shoot an American Admiral whilst demonstrating the strength of Pyecrete with a Webley?
    I think he actually managed to carry on with his presentation despite this little incedent....

10. Yep, he hit the pycrete at a range of about 10 feet which promptly deflected the round and the brass got hit in the leg by the richochet. He then carried on with the presentation like nothing had happened.

I see the new carrier is made from the same kit as the Apache's gun

11. If the JSF situation isnt sorted out this might well be the only incarnation we'll ever see it in.

12. How long did it take you to build Styron?

13. Well HMS Dreadnought was built in 18 months the new RN Aircraft Carriers are a little slower but, as the political types never tire of saying they are (will be/maybe) the largest warships ever built for the Royal Navy and they will have -at least- 12 really, really crap F35B's each (maybe if the F35B ever can do, more or less, what was required)...