new respirator

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by gogs007, Jan 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was reading in soldier about the new gsr that is supposed to be out this year. has anyone had a go with it, and if so what are your thoughts.
  2. I had a go with one. It was well fast!!!
  3. I'll worry about it when it actually arrives. Which i doubt will be any time soon.
  4. Covered in the new Soldier magazine this month.
    Supposed to be coming into service this year, after 9 years of development.
  5. Would that be the new one that we should have got about 5 years ago? Or a new one that's going to be the replacement for the one that we should have got about 5 years ago?
  6. It'll still be a respirator. I don't recall the S10 being much more fun to wear than the S6. Drinking tube is a good thing though.
  7. Good for what? Getting next to fcuk all water from your water bottle and as much use as t!ts on a fish in medium/high heat/work rate.
  8. It's better than the one on the S6! :)
  9. I wonder if you will be able to shoot with it on...
  10. Probably not well. Link

11. Not sure first hand anyway.. but a troop of our lads went to Oz bout 3/4 years back to be guinea pigs for these new respirators. At the time they all thought the sun shone from its arrse, the twin canister system alleviated any of the old holding your breath canister changing drills, as you change them 1 at a time. and as for shooting you just unclip your right hand canister.
    Sounded pretty good back then.
  12. "Can everyone stop shooting at me so i can take off my right hand canister. Thanks!"

Sounds like a great idea that. :roll:
  13. Exciting post. Discussing respirators.
  14. Excellent post, discussing people discussing respirators.

Please don't hit me if we should ever meet, FSJ..