New Regiments/Battalions

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Its_Steel_Raining, Apr 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok for those in the Infantry

What you all think of your new Regiments/battalions since you merged?

For me it is early days as we only just got this new romance going this year - although we were last merged with another regiment in 99 - now they have gone North and we have gone South.

The few problems we have so far

Mess Meeting - it takes a 2 hour drive for us - not counting the traffic on the m6 at this time of the eve to get there so really 3 hours.

Weekends are often more than two hour drives - which means no green fleet and we have to drive around in sunshine buses.

what about the rest of ye all

2. You fcukers claim MMA for Mess meetings don't you? Stop complaining and grow a set!

3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Mess meetings are only held at summer/Christmas functions and annual camp to avoid travelling for 2 hours for a meeting.

Coy weekends are rarely less than 1 hours 30 anyway, Bn training and centralised recruit training is 6 hours each way minimum.

It is a pain in the proverbial, but it is manageable.

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

London to Catterick for Bn SAAM anyone? Not bad when Pirbright/Ash et al are less than 2 hours away!

We used to send recruits up on the train because it was more reliable than trusting the M1 on a Sunday afternoon, but cost and persec issues (30 blokes plus CEMO on an intecity!) put paid to that.

5. Dorset to Catterick for 4 w/ends already this year!

It could all be done on the Plain, but that would upset the troops in Scotland.

6. Must make Sundays fun.

How much training can you do after that drive?

7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Travel overnight on the Friday, kip on the coach or for a few hours before breakfast on Saturday. Get away as early as poss on Sunday, but realistically back at TAC by late Sunday afternoon to start post ex admin.

Ballache, but only for 4 or 5 recruit weekends, and same number of Bn weekends per year.

When the blue jobs want to play, we occasionally get a lift on a C130 to get us all together!

8. Thankyou very much for the comment, i will put that somewhere in my topten nobcheese quotes - Sometimes the brain does actually take-over from balls so travelling for 6 hours for a 2 hour mess meeting is not worth the shizer MMA u get these days. haha

Like i said problems not death so yes we do put it with it and we know we do not have it as bad as others but thats why i ask the questions to see how others get about!

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

11. I'm in the advance party. So drive to the M25, pick up one of the guys at 09:00 on the Friday, drive to the base we get the kit from, meet the rest of the AP, pick up vehicles and weapons, drive to Bivi area, trroops arrive around 19:00, issue Rats and weapons, couple of briefings, kip at around midnight, up at 06:00 Saturday, DSing all day, finish at around 23:00, more briefings bed at around midnight, up at 06:00 Sunday, DSing till around 12:00, get weapons back in, drive back to base, weapons back into armoury, POL vehicles, drive to M25, drop mate off, drive home, arrive around 22:00 :omg:

Then back to work for Monday morning, it's a killer :dead: