New Regimental Kit

I assume that those of us in the Infantry who in Regts that are changing regimental nomenclature will be told to buy new accoutrements for uniforms.

Who will pay? The individual or the taxpayer? Or do we just duck and dive until the next round of changes and wear what we are used to until then?

Easy!
The Army should pay

You will pay.

Worse etill, the poor bloody attached arms will have to buy your shite and then get posted and be made buy someone elses shite too. (no offence of course!)

The question is rhetorical, no?

RCSignals said:
RCS - different thread but Regtl Kit related.

I was curious about the badge on your tag. It looks like a jock inf capbadge but I know the square route of diddly about them and couldn't positively id one if it bit me.

With any luck we will all soon be wearing some sort of spandex/lycra olive green coveralls which will not only be excellent in the field but wipe clean for the messy eaters and grease monkeys

hunting_dragoon said:
With any luck we will all soon be wearing some sort of spandex/lycra olive green coveralls which will not only be excellent in the field but wipe clean for the messy eaters and grease monkeys
That's for when we have the brand spanking new 'The Royal Regiment' representing the whole infantry arm.

army_of_1 said:
hunting_dragoon said:
That's for when we have the brand spanking new 'The Royal Regiment' representing the whole infantry arm.
Won't be a regt - it'll be the Corps of Inf - that way noone can really put a number of personnel to it. Anyway the title 'Royal ....' won't be PC by then!

tattybadger said:
RCSignals said:

I was curious about the badge on your tag. It looks like a jock inf capbadge but I know the square route of diddly about them and couldn't positively id one if it bit me.
It's the badge of the Seaforth Highlanders.

http://www.regiments.org/regiments/uk/inf/072Seaf.htm

part of it perpetuated in the badge of "the Highlanders"

The only remaining "Seaforth" Regiment

http://www.regiments.org/regiments/na-canada/volmil/bc-inf/072Seaf.htm

RCSignals said:
tattybadger said:
RCSignals said:

It's the badge of the Seaforth Highlanders.

http://www.regiments.org/regiments/uk/inf/072Seaf.htm

part of it perpetuated in the badge of "the Highlanders"

The only remaining "Seaforth" Regiment

http://www.regiments.org/regiments/na-canada/volmil/bc-inf/072Seaf.htm
Did they amalgamate into the Royal Corps of Signals at any stage?

tattybadger said:
Did they amalgamate into the Royal Corps of Signals at any stage?
You didn't read the links?

tattybadger said:
army_of_1 said:
hunting_dragoon said:
Won't be a regt - it'll be the Corps of Inf - that way noone can really put a number of personnel to it. Anyway the title 'Royal ....' won't be PC by then!
Or even The Presidential Regiment of Infantry...
The way the current government is thinking 8O

dwill said:
tattybadger said:
army_of_1 said:
hunting_dragoon said:
Regiment? Is the Inf being expanded?

tattybadger said:
dwill said:
tattybadger said:
army_of_1 said:
hunting_dragoon said:
Regiment? Is the Inf being expanded?
Ok, how about;

Presidential Military of Troops, PMT for short...

Trying to think of a name with a good acronym!

Nige said:
Easy!
The Army should pay

You will pay.

Worse etill, the poor bloody attached arms will have to buy your shite and then get posted and be made buy someone elses shite too. (no offence of course!)
I Am in total agreement there... even with corps belts we still had to buy our own belts in regimental colours from the regt shop... bloody disgusting...