New RAF advert.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BiscuitsAB, Aug 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Anyone else seen it?

what a fucking crock of shit.

Target destroyed and nobody hurt my proudest day!!!!!!!!!

Cunts, how about taking out the fucking team setting up the mobile launchers. Talk about a PC advert.

How about some goddam realism in advertising?

edit to add linky

RAF why?

2. Yes. It's a bit o bollocks.

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I was offended by his smart crab uniform and smugness at not taking out the Terry cnuts who were trying to blow our chaps up. Must come from being in the Civil Brylcream Service. Hermer.

What kind of a fcukwit would be patting himself on the back at missing the mortar team, just so they could go get some more tubes and blat away later in the day? A cunt, thats who.

Maybe it's so they don't offend any of our terrorist sympathiser 'brothers and sisters' on this 'fair Island'. After all, we don't want to offend them by killing any of their fellow believers, do we? Oh no. But it's fine for them to cheer Terry whacking our lot with IED's and all that, isn't it? Of course it is, we are the 'oppressors'. What a fcuked up PC place we live in. And the thing that galls me - I have to swallow it all and regurgitate it ad nausem in my workplace.

4. I always thought that Air Force Intelliengence was an oxymoron......

5. " Target destroyed - zero casualties "

What the RAF dropped a bomb on a truck AFTER the taliban got out of it :? I can see a tactical error in the way the RAF are waging war

6. was that the Emperor making a brief visit on his shoulder

"Go on just tell them to drop that missle now now one will notice"

7. Don't they mean no friendly casualties?

8. If he was a RAF UAV op,surely he would be based at Creech AFB in Nevada with he rest of 39sqn, who have "REAPER" so why bother calling in a Tornado?

9. I think his reference to 'zero casualties' is that the launcher was taken out without casualties on our side?

Which means they are inferring if land based troops went in there is more risk?

Either way it's a pretty bone ad...

10. They are not going to show or imply that people were killed for fcuks sake....the advert is on ITV daily...do you not think we knock things for the sake of knocking them!

11. That is truly fvcking awful. Whoever was paid to make that must be laughing his c0ck off. It looks as if it took 5 mins thought and 20 mins to film. I suspect the RAF recruiting offices aren't planning on opening for extended hours over the next couple of weeks.

12. Yer, nothing like a good clean casualty free war FFS, what a load of crap,

13. The point I was trying to make was that if they had taken the blokes out or implied it then it could probably only be shown after 2100 hours where the target audience are either:

Outside doing drugs
    Outside drinking cider
    In bed .......ummm doing drugs and drinking cider
    In bed masturbating
    Down the skateboard park
    Playing on PS3

Sadly if the blokes had been blown up it would have provoked loads of complaints from Joe Public

14. I would complain of the cost to take out a single launcher, and let the crew go to launch another attack, totaly stupid film

15. I'm not being flippant but wouldn't a more realistic advert involve the bloke phoning up the septics asking them to send an A-10 warthog to bomb the buggers ?