New PSNI Ombudsman to be Chosen - Your Suggestions Are??

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Sven, Apr 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "The search has begun to find a successor to the Northern Ireland Police Ombudsman Nuala O'Loan."

Who do You think it should be - My honest suggestion would be Lord Trimble
  2. Martin McGuiness. He should know a bit about community policing by now.
  3. Sounds like a good idea, however now he's got the Tory whip is he really likely to want to get involved, and if he did would he be accepted by both communities?
  4. How about 1 Para?
  5. I agree that He may not want toget involved. On Your other point I think that He would be better received by both communities than Ms O Loan was
  6. Lord Trimble for the job I say. He knows the Force inside out and is a fair man.
  7. Agreed Sven, I can't really think of anybody else who is more suitable.
  8. would it not involve a pay cut for him
  9. What does He get paid for that He would have to stop?

As a member of the House of Lords He is on expenses only
  10. Condon was a straight talking no nonsense sort of guy. He prob wouldn't be interested.
  11. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Baroness Thatcher.
  12. Governor of Basra
  13. So long as it's not either Lord Hutton (of Whitewash - er, Bresagh) or Lord Patton (of Hongkong and RUC (GC)), it'll be OK.

And probably an improvement on O'Loan.
  14. I have heard that John Stevens may apply
  15. Nah....... too busy with 'enquiries' and being a name on headed notepaper in London's commercial world. Anyway he can't really function without his military PA and I think D A has better things going these days....... apparently.