New PSNI Ombudsman to be Chosen - Your Suggestions Are??

"The search has begun to find a successor to the Northern Ireland Police Ombudsman Nuala O'Loan."

Who do You think it should be - My honest suggestion would be Lord Trimble

Sven said:
"The search has begun to find a successor to the Northern Ireland Police Ombudsman Nuala O'Loan."

Sounds like a good idea, however now he's got the Tory whip is he really likely to want to get involved, and if he did would he be accepted by both communities?

How about 1 Para?

radioactiveman said:
Sven said:

Sounds like a good idea, however now he's got the Tory whip is he really likely to want to get involved, and if he did would he be accepted by both communities?
I agree that He may not want toget involved. On Your other point I think that He would be better received by both communities than Ms O Loan was

Sven said:

Agreed Sven, I can't really think of anybody else who is more suitable.

Baroness Thatcher.

So long as it's not either Lord Hutton (of Whitewash - er, Bresagh) or Lord Patton (of Hongkong and RUC (GC)), it'll be OK.

And probably an improvement on O'Loan.

THE_EDITOR said:
I have heard that John Stevens may apply
Nah....... too busy with 'enquiries' and being a name on headed notepaper in London's commercial world. Anyway he can't really function without his military PA and I think D A has better things going these days....... apparently.

THE_EDITOR said:
I have heard that John Stevens may apply
He might be quite busy with the Princess Diana inquest - depending on how often Michael Mansfield (QC for al-Fayed) and Dame. Elisabeth Butler-Sloss want to call him.