New pistols in - old pistols re-issued as PPWs?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by EX_STAB, May 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In light of the current situation in the UK with a substantial fifth column bent on our destruction, would it be best to issue all the withdrawn Brownings and Sigs as PPWs now the Glock is on its way or should we have something else?

I'd be quite content with the Browning although a slim pocket pistol might be a bit more convenient.
  2. Are you suggesting that all Armed Forces personnel are given a handgun to carry at all times?

Can you imagine the carnage, the Loss Reports, the mugging (known) soldiers for their weapons?

What a stupid idea.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Webley MkVI was purpose-designed for this sort of "client". Yes please....
    • Like Like x 8
  4. In the highly unlikely event of the powers that be deciding to issue pistols to everyone as PPW, I'd say that standardisation would be the way forward. Only one type of weapon to train on, only one type of spares to be held.

Glocks for everyone!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Glock 26, commonality of training with the G17. Although i would suggest that PPW were issued on a licence, ie people certified by the Firearms Licencing branches and had adequate storage for the weapons. Also, you are currently not allowed to keep Firearms in SLA, so that problem needs sorting out first.
  6. .45 ACP 1911A1 because shooting them twice is a waste of time! :-D
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Go on say it..... wog stopper. There that's better.
    • Like Like x 8
  8. You are bored, aren't you?
  9. SLR bayonet fixed... they don.t like it up em
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Where?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. You've started it now haven't you.
  12. No, you'll be perfectly safe if you lock yourself in the cupboard under the stairs. Just remember that the fifth-columnists will be able to track you through your IP, so log-off first. Do it now.
  13. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Urgh, how gauche, why would one want some nasty colonial weapon.

Webley Fosbery.jpg

Fosberys for all I say!!!
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Looking at those grooves in the cylinder I would say it was for use against residents of sandy countries.
  15. The only reasonable excuse for this post is that you have never been on a pistol range.

I put a few lads through their WHT's on Pistols in the run up to me leaving. All bar none failed at least once on safety points.

When they finally got on the range the shooting was atrocious (including my own) as its just not something the vast majority of the army have much experience in.

I wouldn't issue a sharpened lolly Ice stick to your average Tom never mind a pistol.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 5