New pistols for UK Armed Forces

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Jan 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. You would have thought that the MOD would know the difference between 'bullets' and 'cartridges'.

Actually, no, you wouldn't, would you?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cant SO2 MoD_RSS use the search function?

• Like Like x 3

4. Replacement for Browning, I'm sure there is a good reason, but why not Sig Sauer P226? there is a list of reasons why we

should just replace the old Browning with the in service UOR Sig weapon we have known over Telic and Herrick. But the reason for a completely new one?@.@

5. he's got very small hands..

6. If a soldier or officer cant hold a weapon properly be it he or she, cant blame the weapon, blame who ever said it was Ok for them to join with action man hands :soldier:

7. I don't know what you are reading, but I can see nothing wrong with the nomenclature in that report.

8. "Its magazines can carry more bullets"

Rounds or cartridges would have been correct, even ammunition, I would have thought.

But you're the expert, if the British army now refers to ammunition as 'bullets' then I defer to your superior knowledge.

9. Call me a dinosaur (yeah, I know) but I'd still choose a 1911A1 .45

It takes 2 or 3 rounds of 9mm to do the same damage as a .45 so the magazine capacity isn't really an advantage and the 1911 has proved it's effectiveness and reliability for over a century. Just like Hovis it's as good today as it's always been!!

Just my 2 bobs worth.

10. Only in Holywood.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

"With a magazine of xx bullets, load!"

12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Probably takes 2 or 3 rounds of .303 to do the same damage as a .577/450 Martini Henry bullet, but nevertheless, we dropped it.....(might not be a good example, but it avoids "the" example).

13. Which example would that be?

14. Don't do it man!

15. I thought he meant the Webley .455. What did you think he meant?