New piece of mess silver

Afternoon all,

a sign of the times that I have the unenviable task of commissioning a final piece of silver that we shall bequeath to the unit that we are to join with...at some point...in the future etc etc

Wondered if anyone could recommend a decent silversmith that isn't going the charge an arm and a leg? My intention is to give the receiving unit a real problem in terms of the size of the thing and making sure we're always remembered!!!

Yours in anticipation,

TC

img-thing.jpg
As centrepieces go, it certainly fits the criteria that you'll always be remembered.

Peter Hicks Ltd

Chap who now owns it is 'ex-mob' and an old chum of mine. Highly recommended!

C

cloudbuster

Given the rapidly-reducing nominal roll, perhaps a nice little silver-plated light switch might be appropriate? A small plaque could be affixed, with the inscription "Utinam ultimum relinquere placere eveni lucem."

Peter Hicks did one for our lot. Solid silver MAN vehicle. It cost a ******* lot but being a Gurkha Regt i think money and most likely knowing them, silver jewelery was produced from "somewhere" to make it! Very good detail

Peter Hicks did one for our lot. Solid silver MAN vehicle. It cost a ******* lot but being a Gurkha Regt i think money and most likely knowing them, silver jewelery was produced from "somewhere" to make it! Very good detail
Really? :? I assume you mean a scale model of a MAN vehicle but I'd be interested in seeing a picture of it just the same.

yes, it was a EPLS. I arranged for MAN to supply the measurements and i think they sent some drawings over as well. This is it......
MAN EPLS Vehicle

Quite clever. I expect it makes quite a centerpiece on the old Mess table.

When it was last near my grubby hands i tried to off load the rack with the scimitar on the back....its not that realistic i found out. With no one about i made a sharp exit!

Give Hamilton and Inches of Edinburgh a call, they used to take commissions from army units and were very good. Don't delay as it takes several months to complete.

broken soldier.jpg
I always thought that this piece would be suitable for any mess.

Might be a bit big for the table though...

How about...

It might be useful for the OP to tell us which unit is merging/disbanding and how he wants it remembered.

If (for example) it s the 9/12 going in to the QRL, perhaps a giant 9/12L would suffice (given the shared history). 7 sigs had a silver 7 which must have been a foot high, inscribed 'the Mighty 7' I think.