• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

New Pics

I have just received these photos showing "torture" from two unnamed sources.
Take a look for yourself: (click to enlarge)

As can be seen from these photos, the bag used cannot be seen through and there is a watch clearly showing on the arm holding a SuperSoaker 3000 (which is standard army issue). This also has scratches showing it has been used well. The victim is also in a foetal position. All in all these new photos cannot be called fake.

Seriously though, these photos were taken as a joke, but its not really a joking matter. Our boys in Iraq are in more danger as has already been seen. I cannot see how the Mirror can come out of this with any face left, and heads should roll. Especially that of Piers Morgan.

LOL :lol:

Don't you think u need to get your copyright notices on those piccies PDQ Headrush?

Where is Eagle when you need him. I have an idea for a photo-montage, but I don't have your skills Maestro

E

error_unknown

Headrush said:
Just heard Piers Morgan has resigned. At least something good has come out of this ordeal.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=302874&in_page_id=1770
Editor resigns over fake Iraq photos
18:26pm 14th May 2004
Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan has stepped down "with immediate effect", Trinity Mirror have announced.
The Daily Mirror said it "apologised unreservedly" for publishing the pictures which were the subject of a "calculated and malicious hoax".

A spokesman said: "The Daily Mirror published in good faith photographs which it absolutely believed were genuine images of British soldiers abusing an Iraqi prisoner.

"However there is now sufficient evidence to suggest that these pictures are fakes and that the Daily Mirror has been the subject of a calculated and malicious hoax.

"The Daily Mirror therefore apologises unreservedly for publishing the pictures and deeply regrets the reputational damage done to the QLR and the Army in Iraq.

"The paper will continue to cooperate fully with the investigation.

"The Board of Trinity Mirror has decided that it would be inappropriate for Piers Morgan to continue in his role as Editor of the Daily Mirror and he will therefore be stepping down with immediate effect."

Des Kelly, Deputy Editor, will assume the role of acting Editor.

Headrush, you obviously have far too much time on your hands!

They did make me chuckle though, nice one! God bless the inventer of the digital camera!

Latest Threads