New Pension Laws - Impact on Pension Sharing Orders?

Currently going through the post-divorce mediation process and discussing whether the new pension laws could have an impact on pension sharing. Ex-Mrs and I have not yet come to a decision about whether it's best to opt for earmarking, attachment order or pension sharing order. Am I right that even with the new incoming laws (which seem vague but perhaps someone knows better), there's no way for the ex-Mrs to move her 'proportion' of my pension into a private scheme? One advisor suggested that she could move it into a private pension and under these new laws she could release capital. I don't think it's feasible but wondering if any IFAs or suitably-informed ARRSErs have any thoughts.

Cheers LayKil.

I'm in receipt of my pension now (did > 22 yrs). Kids are now grown up (one married, one in university, one going to university this year) and I am currently still paying everything, (the mortgage and all of the household bills) a year after splitting, as the the ex-Mrs still isn't working. It's bloody expensive and the sooner I can get a workable solution, the sooner I can get some kind of clean break. I suspect that the pension sharing order is a no-go and that an attachment order is the only way ahead, as it gives her an income stream. There is a small amount of equity in the family home but it's nowhere near offsetting the pension.

If any IFAs out there want to advise me in exchange for some good old fashioned cash, let me know! :)

Whatever you do make sure you get a final complete financial break on paper.
Don't want her coming back in 20 years for some more.

Currently going through the post-divorce mediation process and discussing whether the new pension laws could have an impact on pension sharing. Ex-Mrs and I have not yet come to a decision about whether it's best to opt for earmarking, attachment order or pension sharing order. Am I right that even with the new incoming laws (which seem vague but perhaps someone knows better), there's no way for the ex-Mrs to move her 'proportion' of my pension into a private scheme? One advisor suggested that she could move it into a private pension and under these new laws she could release capital. I don't think it's feasible but wondering if any IFAs or suitably-informed ARRSErs have any thoughts.
If you go for a pension sharing order, your ex cannot move it out of the AFPS. She will have to wait until age 55 to draw it.

There you go Dwarf, I knew they'd be along. They don't tend to sell themselves on here, so I will.If you've got a pension issue, these are the guys to unstitch it. It costs a few bob to join if I recall, but you won't have to be a member for too long and they'll certainly be cheaper and a damned sight more clued in than an IFA.

I wasn't a member before the mad bitch got at mine through a Pension Sharing Order, but maybe I should have been.

Cheers LayKil, you're a veritable prophet, my friend! :)

Thanks FPS, that makes sense and confirms my thoughts. I'll browse your site and hand over my hard-won shekels.