New PC

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by exmoor, Sep 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My current pc is on it's last legs so am looking to replace it.
    Thinking of either buying from Novatech or doing a DIY build again.
    Apart from Mesh & Dell any advice on good, reliable pre-built pc's?
  2. If you are able to DIY, do so. go to for parts. Cheap and reliable. Im guessing you ave an OS on your HDD already, so no need to change, just new drivers. with the money you will save on buying pre-built, you can get better specs.
  3. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I have always been a self-build fan, but this time round got a Dell...very nice, turned up with a minor sound issue, sent back and fixed within 7 days.

I'm quite impressd with it to be honest.

4. Cheers for the replies.
    Will have a look at Aria & Dell(even though i said i would not!)
  5. There are a few who give a forces discount, check out the armed forces discount website for further info.
  6. yep, I will agree 100% with Aria, been buying from them for years and recommend them totally. couple of others also from the same area of manchester (but not limited to, just handy if you want to pickup the parts there and then rather than wait for delivery) and all have very similar prices but worth a look as you may get lucky with one doing an offer and a certain part cheaper than the others for a short spell
  7. I have been building for friends and relatives for a few years now. Have never been able to find anywhere that rivals eclipse computers, either for parts, self build kits or pre built systems. Have a look at their website
  8. Nice site, think ill bookmark that one to compare with in future. I would definately have a look at Aria aswell though, I did a very quick comparison on prices for a few bits and found Aria to be cheaper on a few things. I didn't look at delivery costs though, its always worth shopping around.